Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Yesterday I was walking to the grocery store, and a group of elderly women went speeding on by me. This psychomotor retardation (slowing of movement) has been really persistent. According to my bullet journal it’s been going on for the last two months.
- I didn’t work at all this week. I was able to get a fair bit of writing down despite being kind of spacey.
- I was trying to take a selfie to use as a new author photo, and that was quite the frightening experience. It’s weird, I don’t care in the slightest what I look like when I leave the house, but snapping a closeup headshot brings out all the imperfections that I generally don’t even notice. Anyway, after doing a full face of makeup and some retouching I came up with something I was satisfied with. And now I roll my eyes in disgust at myself that I made such a big fuss over the whole thing.
- I went to yoga for the first time in a while.
- My Reese’s peanut butter chip cookies last week were so good I decided to bake some more this week.
- I got some new socks. I love cozy new socks. In the same order from Amazon I had ordered some camisoles with a built-in shelf bra type situation going on. They were from a Chinese seller. This is significant because I don’t think they’re familiar with the body shape of a 40-year-old North American woman carrying a lot of psych med weight. I don’t know how to explain it exactly, but the bosom receptacle in these camis was in quite a different spot from where my girls live. Oh well. at least I can laugh at myself.
- I got an email from my mom for the first trip since my failed trip two weeks ago when I turned around and came right back home. The only thing she had to say was that she’d seen a family of quail run by the window. Um, okay then. I guess I’m, not the only one who’s avoidant.
I got followed by the most fascinating blog name I’ve come across so far:
This week on Medium, I published:
- Is Twitter the new Tinder? in The Haven
- My favourite time of day in 1 Minute Reads
- Maybe I’ll never get well in Messy Minds
- My third grade crush is in jail in Mariposa
- Pooping my way through India in Writers On The Run
- Teasing apart my self from my illness in Demystifying
- 8 Holistic strategies to help manage depression in Live Your Life On Purpose
How has your week been?