Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Earlier this week I did a post about feeling down about my career situation. I got amazingly supportive responses that meant so much to me. The WordPress community really is a wonderful thing.
- I had a massage this week, which was lovely. I also found out my massage therapist is pregnant – great for her, not so great for me, since she’ll be off on maternity leave for a year.
- I was this week Behind the Author guest on Blog of the Wolf Boy. Thanks Mat!
- I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Hannah Celeste from Books and Bakes. Thank you!
- I’ve started working in earnest on writing a memoir. It’s a fascinating process, and stirring up some things I haven’t consciously thought about for quite a while.
- My favourite late night shows (The Late Show and The Daily Show) aren’t showing new episodes this week. It makes me appreciate how nice it is have that shot of humour in my day.
- I had planned to stay with with my parents over the weekend and visit my grandma. It didn’t work out that way. My boy guinea pigs fight sometimes, so I didn’t feel comfortable leaving them on their own for a few days, even though it would be no problem to leave me girls at home. I had told my parents ahead of time that I was bringing them. Well, they were very much not welcome, and my dad was a real jerk about it and not willing to flex at all on his neat freak-ness. So I turned around and drove home.
I was busy on Medium this week, published in:
- A Few Words: Moving from episodic to chronic
- Demystifying: I feel depressed vs. I have depression
- The Haven: Seinfeldisms, the depression version
- Invisible Illness: Getting help when it matters most
How has your week been?