Weekend wrap-up

wrapping paper, ribbon, and twine

Rawpixel on Pixabay

Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:

• Earlier this week I did a post about feeling down about my career situation.  I got amazingly supportive responses that meant so much to me.  The WordPress community really is a wonderful thing.
  • I had a massage this week, which was lovely.  I also found out my massage therapist is pregnant – great for her, not so great for me, since she’ll be off on maternity leave for a year.
  • I was this week Behind the Author guest on Blog of the Wolf Boy.  Thanks Mat!
  • I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Hannah Celeste from Books and Bakes.  Thank you!
  • I’ve started working in earnest on writing a memoir.  It’s a fascinating process, and stirring up some things I haven’t consciously thought about for quite a while.
  • My favourite late night shows (The Late Show and The Daily Show) aren’t showing new episodes this week.  It makes me appreciate how nice it is have that shot of humour in my day.
  • I had planned to stay with with my parents over the weekend and visit my grandma.  It didn’t work out that way.  My boy guinea pigs fight sometimes, so I didn’t feel comfortable leaving them on their own for a few days, even though it would be no problem to leave me girls at home.  I had told my parents ahead of time that I was bringing them.  Well, they were very much not welcome, and my dad was a real jerk about it and not willing to flex at all on his neat freak-ness.  So I turned around and drove home.

I was  busy on Medium this week, published in:

How has your week been?

psych meds made simple

My first book, Psych Meds Made Simple: How & Why They Do What They Do, is now available on Amazon as an ebook or paperback.  It’s everything you didn’t realize you wanted to know about medications!

23 thoughts on “Weekend wrap-up

1. Mathew S | Blog of the Wolf Boy says:

It was so great to have you. My week’s been crazy, I may or may not be going back to work next week until my schooling begins in September. I have a post that will be released on Monday talking about how I’m going to need to change my approach on my blog because my lengthy articles aren’t going to be feasible on a daily basis anymore.

I may create my own Week in Review or something of that sort. I think it’s a great idea!

I hope to keep up the Behind the Author thing for the foreseeable future as it’s a lot of fun, and pretty easy as well to be honest.

Hooray for change, but boo to the anxiety and uncertainty it produces!

I hope you have a great week ahead Ashley!!!

Wow, crazy week!! I’m so sorry your dad was being a jerk about your lovely, fun, friendly guineas! Sounds like he has bad priorities!! I would’ve gone home too! Poor guineas. I hope their feelings weren’t hurt! I also hope you get to see your grandma soon!! You mean so much to her!!

A memoir? How exciting! I can’t wait to read it! Just be careful not to open any Pandora’s boxes!! 😮

I felt the exact same way about needing my comedy last night, when the Hallmark channel aired their Christmas in July movies instead of showing Frasier and the Golden Girls. It’s just hard to go without, isn’t it? Just a very relaxing way to end the day, I think, that you can’t easily go without!!

Congrats on getting published several times on Medium!!

My week has been uneventful! (Sorry, I really just wanted to see if I could type that with a straight face.) 😀

3. sophienaylor1 says:

Sounds like a productive yet relaxing week – glad you finally went for your massage! My week was super boring, just worked for the whole of it 🙁 Getting that money though! x

4. Barb says:

I’m sorry the trip to your parents’ fell through. I think turning around and leaving was a good move, instead of allowing yourself to become a punching bag.

I’m thrilled that you are working on you memoirs, and yes… I’m sure it’s stirring a whole lot of memoires you haven’t even thought of in years. Be careful that some of them don’t drag you down… You certainly don’t want to fall into the pitfalls of severe depression because of it.
    Maybe, you massage therapist can recommend another one for the time she is out… Hopefully that will all iron itself out in time.
    I for one don’t blame you in the least for turning around and going back home. That wasn’t exactly fair of your father to be like towards you.
    Congratulations on all the accomplishments of this week! I have enjoyed reading all of them!

6. Paula Light says:

Bummer about your dad. That’s great about your writing though. You have a really nice, easy to read style.

My week was okay. I’m having a quiet weekend in preparation for a trip next week. Still hoping to find a cheaper apartment but there’s nothing as nice as this.

7. eirlysgwenllian says:

Wow, how great you’re working on your memoir! 🙂 And publishing so much other writing and promoting yourself, great job! 🙂 I’m sorry for your sake about your massage therapist being pregnant, changes like that aren’t nice.