Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It’s been a while since I stopped caring about my appearance. I was out the other day and happened to get a glimpse of my schlumpy reflection in a window. It was a bit scary, actually. Not scary enough to make me want to put an ounce more effort into making myself presentable, mind you, but a bit surprised by just how undone I looked.
- In the things that make you go hmmm department… I’ve been listed on Feedspots‘s top 60 (now 75) mental health blogs since not long after I submitted my blog to their site back in my early days of blogging. I’ve hovered around #45 since then. I’ve realized all along that the ranking method was a bit suspect, since they initially asked if I wanted to pay to be ranked. Anyway, since I last checked not that long ago they’ve demoted me to #60. I’m too busy being amused to be offended. Demote away!
- Due to a scheduling mix-up I didn’t have a massage this week. 🙁
- I didn’t work at all this week. Overall the week was pretty uneventful; mostly just me at home with my laptop.
- There’s some re-stuccoing work going to be happening in in my building’s courtyard. Yesterday they started to put up the scaffolding, which happens to be right beside the tree where there are some crows nesting. It is going to be an extra noisy next few weeks.
- On Medium this week, I had stories published in Mariposa (Using Adversity to Find a New Passion), Invisible Illness (The right decision isn’t always easy), and Feel-Heal-Share (The therapeutic value of community). The article in Feel-Heal-Share was based a survey done on my blog several weeks ago. In December I had submitted an article to The Mighty, It was something I’d already posted on my blog. Anyway, I heard from them in January that they had accepted it, and they just published it yesterday. Seems a bit excessive, plus they changed the title to something that seems rather wordy. Oh well, what can you do.
- One of my guinea pig boys has learned a new trick, climbing on top of his house.
How has your week been?