Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks so much to Jenni from Housewife Hustle for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition award! I was also her featured blogger for this month
- I’ve decided to leave one of my jobs after something that happened this week. It’s the right decision, but not an easy one. My weekly massages are actually a good opportunity to dispassionately mull over things like this.
- Aside from that nothing particularly bad happened, but it still didn’t feel like a very good week. The fear that’s lurked in the background for quite some time has been more present. Plus I’m moving quite slowly again.
- I made it to yoga class this week for the first time in quite a while.
- I had stories in the Medium publications P.S. I Love You and A Few Words.
- I got a message yesterday via my blog’s contact from from a book publicist asking me to review a book that was totally slamming psychiatric medications. Hmm, clearly he didn’t notice it splashed all over my blog that I wrote a book about psych meds…
I’m actually quite surprised by this, but I’m still looking for someone with borderline personality to write a short narrative about their experience for my upcoming book Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis. If you’re interested, I’d love to hear from you.
I’m normally quite the plant killer, but here’s what I’ve got going on right now:
Top left: This plant was given to me by my realtor when I bought my home 14 years ago. How it’s still alive baffles me.
Top right: This is parsley that was growing last year, and is getting ready to go to seed in one last growth spurting hurrah before it dies.
Bottom left: At my brother’s wedding last year they gave everyone cute little heart-shaped wildflower seed papers. This pretty little thing just started unfolding its petals a few days ago
Bottom right: This is a vine from the ground floor courtyard that’s quite vigorously trying to take over my balcony.
How has your week been?
My first book, Psych Meds Made Simple: How & Why They Do What They Do, is available on Amazon. It’s everything you didn’t realize you wanted to know about medications!