Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I’m no longer doing blog award posts, but I wanted to say a huge thank you to Crystal of Maybe Crazy Help for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award and Mathew of Blog of the Wolf Boy for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- The spam bots have really been going to town on my blog this week. 250 spam comments in a 24 hour period! It’s kind of annoying that WP only allows you to delete 20 at a time. Plus this morning there seemed to be weird things going on with my comments and notifications, so if I’ve inadvertently ignored you, my apologies.
- After several unproductive weeks I was finally able to get some more writing done this week.
- My story Why I choose not to see a psychiatrist was published in Feel, Heal, Share on Medium, and Put on your depression boxing gloves was published on The Haven.
- I had a dental appointment this week for a cleaning. I’ve always hated going to the dentist, and it always hurts. When I’m unwell, though, it becomes much harder to tolerate. It feels intrusive, and I feel like I’m drowning or suffocating. A few times I’ve walked out mid-cleaning. So now I pre-medicate. Booze + Ativan. It’s too bad they can’t start a midazolam IV at the dentist’s office. Or hell, ketamine would be even better. They seem to have marked in my chart at some point that I’m crazy person, which works just fine because they sort of tip toe around me not wanting to set off any waterworks. It also means they don’t nag like they used to, which is a pleasant change.
- I made a spur of the moment decision to start an Instagram account. My plan is to stay as far away as I can from supposedly perfect people living supposedly perfect lives.
- I’m still pretty slow moving, but at least now I can push myself to speed up a bit for brief spurts as a sort of mask of normalcy.
How has your week been?