Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- My parents are in town cat-sitting for my brother. I had dinner with them one night this week, and it was uneventful, but I just don’t feel comfortable around them. It wasn’t anything they were doing, but depression has always made it hard for me to connect with them (not for lack of trying on their part).
- I worked the last three nights in a row and I work again tonight. I probably shouldn’t have agreed to do that many shifts in a row. This morning I found out that yesterday someone had complained to the manager that I was unprofessional and gossipy because of something to do with how I’d passed on information during change of shift report about two clients having sex the day before. I don’t know who made the complaint because they couldn’t be bothered saying anything at the time, although I have a pretty good idea who it was. Now the manager has decided that it just shouldn’t be talked about at all during shift report when clients have sex, because what they do with their bodies is private. Never mind that shift report exists for the purpose of communicating what clients are doing with their minds and bodies… That place is seriously messed up.
- This week I’ve been spacey and unfocused, as well as physically slowed down. I’ve had to spend some time reorganizing my lists and notes to feel like I have some idea what’s going on in my life.
- My new boy guinea pigs had settled in very nicely and were liking their new routine. But then I had to throw them off because of my work schedule, and as a result poor little Peanut has a number of new bite wounds.
- You know what’s worse than seeing a spider? Not seeing it anymore. It was just a small one, but it was in my bedroom above my bed. I went into another room for a while, and then when I returned no more spider. It better not be hanging out in my bed or I would seriously freak the hell out.
If you have borderline personality disorder and are interested in contributing a personal narrative to my upcoming book Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis, please get in touch!
And if you’d like to be the next emerging blogger feature, let me know!
How has your week been?