Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thank you to The Mindberg for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award!
- I added two new members to my family. I adopted Peanut and Butternut from an SPCA shelter. Apparently they were fighting at the shelter and the shelter staff person was quite insistent that they would need to be housed separately, they’ve settled in together just fine. I now have 3 girls and 2 boys. The more the merrier!
- I’m not as slow mentally as last week as last. I’m a little less slow physically, but people are still whizzing by me on the sidewalk.
- A piece I wrote is published in the current edition of Bella Grace Magazine. It’s a print-only magazine, so you won’t be able to see it online, but it’s about the mindfulness benefits of my woodpecker fixation.
- Speaking of my woodpeckers, mama stopped by for a quick peck on the bbq on my balcony, and then flew down to the ground to munch on some ants. I knew that northern flickers ate from the ground rather than trees, but it was the first time I’d actually seen it.
- Based on the feedback that people gave on my post earlier this week, I’ve published Blogging as a Therapeutic Tool for Mental Health on Psychreg.org. Thanks everyone for your input!
I’m looking for someone to write about their experience living with borderline personality disorder for my upcoming book Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis. If you’re interested, please get in touch!
I’m also looking for more emerging blogger posts. Let me know if you’d like to participate!
How has your week been?
All this month I’m including a pride flag on my home page in support of Pride Month and everyone in the LGBTQ+ community. This blog is a safe space for people of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
My first book, Psych Meds Made Simple: How & Why They Do What They Do, is now available on Amazon as an ebook or paperback. It’s everything you didn’t realize you wanted to know about medications!