Weekend wrap-up

wrapping paper, ribbon, and twine

Rawpixel on Pixabay

Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:

• I’m no longer doing blog award posts, but I wanted to say a big thank you to Gwen at Beauty of imperfection: the kintsukuroi life.  Check out her post for her great list of wisdoms to live by.
  • Mama woodpecker stopped by one morning to briefly peck at my bbq.  This was the first woodpecker sighting in a while.
  • It’s been a week of doing not much of anything at all, which was a good thing.
  • The weird thoughts have stopped, which is nice.  The intrusive thoughts about killing the guinea pigs were particularly disturbing, and it’s nice to be able to cuddle with them again.  This week I’ve been quite slow both mentally and physically.  Psychomotor slowing is a symptom I’ve always been very aware of when it’s happening, so it feels odd when I have to be out in public because I can tell how much slower I’m moving than everyone else.  I don’t actually care what other people think, but I know when I’m like this it’s overtly apparent to others that I am impaired.  If feels awkward, but oh well, par for the course.
  • The Startup, a publication on Medium, contacted me wanting to include my post Do Thoughts Vibrate in their publication.  Sure, why not.  A while later I got a pingback from another site that had copied and pasted the post on The Startup.  They didn’t credit/link to me or The Startup.  The pingback was unintentional, and happened because of an internal link to my site that I’d included within the post.  A little more digging and I found out that this site harvests all of The Startup’s posts without crediting them.  I’ve said this before, but seriously, what is wrong with people?
  • This morning I was exploring my little hometown, which I haven’t been to for years, on Google Maps street view.  I was a bit surprised by how familiar it looked, although I probably shouldn’t be surprised; after all, I lived in the same house for 18 years.

How has your week been?

psych meds made simple

My first book, Psych Meds Made Simple: How & Why They Do What They Do, is now available on Amazon as an ebook or paperback.  It’s everything you didn’t realize you wanted to know about medications!

32 thoughts on “Weekend wrap-up

You were having thoughts about killing the guineas?! You have my email address!! Please, please, please, use it when you have these thoughts! If I’m at the computer, then I’m here!! Don’t be a hero!! That’s what friends are for!! I know you love those guinea pigs!! I’m so sorry you’ve been wrestling with this! Much love!!

Liked by 2 people

2. ezi2015 says:

Man…that publication didn’t credit you???😡 Yeah! What IS the matter with people??? It was like they were asking permission to steal from you! I’m sorry that happened to you. I hope if you do get another opportunity, it won’t happen again.

Liked by 3 people

3. Barb says:

Congratulations on having your post published! Copying and pasting like that was an awful, awful thing to do. Is there any way you can report them? Or does The Startup know about that site?

4. Johnzelle says:

I always enjoy reading your weekly updates. Glad the intrusive thoughts are subsiding and ughhhhhh about the plagiarism… My week was pretty good. Ready for a day off Monday. 12hr hospital shifts are draining

5. eLPy says:

Thanks for sharing. I’ve not had such thoughts as those (I have pets though not guineas) but I can remember being afraid as a child that violent thoughts could be influenced by seeing, hearing, reading about terrible people. I had no reason to believe this so but it was a terrifying prospect. My problem is worrisome thoughts; I’ll know I did something, like lock the door, but my brain won’t stop thinking but what if, it would be terrible if you didn’t. So from this angle I can understand the disturbance.

It would seem common sense to give credit where credit is due and yet people are lazy among other things. Do unto others and all that, at least that’s what we can wish for. How nice that the publication has taken a real interest in you. 😀

Nice to explore and discover new things about things you’d expect to know so much about. New adventures are lovely!

OMG! I can’t believe your thoughts were of hurting your fur babies. That is awful, and I so thrilled those feelings have passed. Thank goodness.
    I’m so sorry to hear about the other site, the plagiarism. That really sucks. What are the preventative measures you have to take in regards to protecting your site from this happening again?