Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- The thought popped into my head that I should cut my hair off. So I did. I don’t particularly like it, but then again I also don’t really care all that much. It is maybe a bit concerning, though, that I acted on a weird random thought like that.
- My massage was cancelled this week because my therapist was sick 😦
- I’ve been taking naps almost every day this week. It’s not so much that I’m tired; more that I’ve just wanted a break from being awake.
- I don’t know if this happens to other people as well, but Pinterest is lousy at notifying me when I have new followers. The few that it does notify me of tend to be fake accounts. Anyway, I just discovered there were a bunch of people that had followed me without me having any idea.
- It feel like my brain has been full of jello the last few weeks. I got very little done this week, plus I didn’t work at all, so mostly I’ve been kind of just a lump. I’m not saying that to be self-critical; I just don’t like not feeling well and not being able to pin down exactly what’s going on.
- I’ve been posting over on Medium.com for a while now, and about a month ago I decided to become a paying member, since most articles are now behind their paywall. I find myself wishing I hadn’t. It’s possible to feel inadequate from time to time on any platform, but I find that happening to me a fair bit for me on Medium, and it’s flared up again this week. But I do make a bit of money from writing there, plus I’ve spent the membership for a year, so I’ll probably maintain my mixed feelings relationship with the site.
- When I graduated 15 years ago, my university overlooked me and continued to allow me full student access to the library, which meant I could access books and journals online. Today they finally cut me off. I knew it was bound to happen eventually, but it’s still annoying.
How has your week been?