Weekend wrap-up

wrapping paper, ribbon, and twine

Rawpixel on Pixabay

Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:

• I stopped doing blog award posts a while back, but I did want to say a big thank you to Peanut Recovery and Girl vs World for nominating me for the sunshine blogger award, and to Clive from Bipolar? It’s Not All Doom and Gloom for nominating me for the mystery blogger award.  I really appreciate it!  Definitely have a look at their blogs if you haven’t already.
  • I saw the rheumatologist for a follow-up appointment.  He acknowledged that I’m at high risk for autoimmune disease because of my family history, but if I do have lupus, it’s in such early stages that it wouldn’t warrant treatment at this point anyway.  He wants my GP to keep monitoring relevant bloodwork, and said I should come back to see him if anything more conclusive comes up.  I thought that was very reasonable, and didn’t get any sense that he was being dismissive.
  • It’s been a quiet week for me, with not much of anything going on.  It hasn’t been particularly pleasant, though.  My mood’s been low, and my concentration’s bad enough that I’ve done very little writing.  No particular trigger, it just is.  Oh well, theme of the week, and probably next week will bring something different.
  • My balcony herb garden is doing very well.  I’m impressed, because last year almost nothing sprouted.
  • My bullshit tolerance is low right now.  I informed someone I’d be blacklisting them after they dropped their link in my comments asking for a follow for the fourth or fifth time, and that this kind of spamminess is bad blogging etiquette.  Their response?  They thought my post was someone else’s.  (insert eye roll here)  This morning I was reading a post by a blogger I recently started following and thought it seemed a bit too major publication-ish.  Plugged a few paragraphs into Google, and yup, it was plagiarized.  I left a comment informing the blogger I was unfollowing them because I’m not okay with plagiarism, and included links to the 2 original articles.  I mean come on, people, there is no reason whatsoever for that kind of thing.  Ok, rant over.

How has your week been?

books by Ashley L,. Peterson: Managing the Depression Puzzle, Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis, and Psych Meds Made Simple

29 thoughts on “Weekend wrap-up

1. Paula Light says:

Grrrr, plagiarists! I feel the same. It irritated me back on FB when men (it was always men) would c&p jokes from comedians and others without credit.

My week was the usual ~ okay but achy and headachy. That’s just my baseline normal unfortunately. Looking forward to an uneventful weekend.

Hope yours contains some brightness. Love the idea of an herb garden. 🙂

2. eirlysgwenllian says:

Plagiarism, it’s really so yuck. do they really think it’s unnoticeable? Yeah really, eyeroll about that commenter, interesting what this person was thinking at the moment hahaha. I didn’t have such experiences in blogosphere so far but used to at Twitter, and it always annoyed me very much. Is begging people for follows really easier and more fun than actually trying to find your followers but writing something good? Can’t get it. I hope you have a nice weekend. 🙂

I’ll admit, you had me chuckle at the “Bullshit Tolerance” Brilliant!
    That’s pretty much where I was in the beginnng of the week.
    Out of curiosity, the spam/plagerized site… Please tell me that wasn’t one of the ones I posted? I’d hate to do full backround checks on the series I’m running, but if I have to, please let me know.
    As far as the check-in’s with blood work, did the doctor explain the incubation time frame of how long Lupus would show? (I’m not even sure if I asked that question correctly) – But, what makes you believe you might hav contracted this?

4. Revenge of Eve says:

You amaze me with your eye for plagiarism. I am so gullible about some things. I just think oh wow what a terrific writer, lol. And I must say, I envy your bullshit tolerance. I’ve gotta get me some of that!!

• Revenge of Eve says:

Oh!! I see. Still, you are way more clever than me. I wonder why people do that? Its not like anyone expects anything of them. I mean when I read what others post, I don’t expect anything from them but then again, I am a pretty lax person.

Plagiarism?! Holy crap! Wow, that really blows my mind. Especially if it’s a blog (purportedly) about someone’s life experiences. Of course, with my life, you can’t make this stuff up. 😀 Congrats on being nominated!! You deserve it!! Your blog rocks!!

Have you done a post about lupus? I confess I know nothing about it. I’d love to learn more!

It’s a pain when you feel bad with no obvious trigger, particularly when other people ask you, “Why do you feel depressed?” (#2 thing not to say to a depressed person, after “What have you got to be depressed about?”).

7. illusivespatula says:

I’m a new follower and I just love your writing. I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling low this week, it’s a sucky feeling and often for no good reason. But it sounds like your little plantlings are bringing you some much needed joy. I really hope things pick up for you this week and the losers of the internet leave you alone. <3