Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I stopped doing blog award posts a while back, but I did want to say a big thank you to Peanut Recovery and Girl vs World for nominating me for the sunshine blogger award, and to Clive from Bipolar? It’s Not All Doom and Gloom for nominating me for the mystery blogger award. I really appreciate it! Definitely have a look at their blogs if you haven’t already.
- I saw the rheumatologist for a follow-up appointment. He acknowledged that I’m at high risk for autoimmune disease because of my family history, but if I do have lupus, it’s in such early stages that it wouldn’t warrant treatment at this point anyway. He wants my GP to keep monitoring relevant bloodwork, and said I should come back to see him if anything more conclusive comes up. I thought that was very reasonable, and didn’t get any sense that he was being dismissive.
- It’s been a quiet week for me, with not much of anything going on. It hasn’t been particularly pleasant, though. My mood’s been low, and my concentration’s bad enough that I’ve done very little writing. No particular trigger, it just is. Oh well, theme of the week, and probably next week will bring something different.
- My balcony herb garden is doing very well. I’m impressed, because last year almost nothing sprouted.
- My bullshit tolerance is low right now. I informed someone I’d be blacklisting them after they dropped their link in my comments asking for a follow for the fourth or fifth time, and that this kind of spamminess is bad blogging etiquette. Their response? They thought my post was someone else’s. (insert eye roll here) This morning I was reading a post by a blogger I recently started following and thought it seemed a bit too major publication-ish. Plugged a few paragraphs into Google, and yup, it was plagiarized. I left a comment informing the blogger I was unfollowing them because I’m not okay with plagiarism, and included links to the 2 original articles. I mean come on, people, there is no reason whatsoever for that kind of thing. Ok, rant over.
How has your week been?