Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- A piece I wrote called A Mental Illness Love Story was published in P.S. I Love You on Medium
- Johnzelle from Panoramic Counseling wanted to make a donation to my blog, but I asked him to make a donation to the ASPCA instead. He then decided to double the donation amount. Yay for supporting animals in need!!!
- Speaking of little friends, I think my woodpeckers have moved over to mama’s roost for a while, and I think I know why: crows have started nesting in the courtyard, and I remember the woodpeckers weren’t around during the crows’ mating season last year. I’d hoped the crows wouldn’t come back because they’re really noisy and obnoxious.
- Because of the cognitive symptoms of my depression I don’t deal well with processing multiple pieces of new information at once. Usually I manage by preparing and organizing. For some reason, I didn’t bother to do this (or at least not enough) prior to posting on Tuesday asking for bloggers’ help with my book. I was very much like a chicken with my head cut off. I had a couple of clients to see that day, and the propranolol I had planned to take anyway for my tremor was nowhere near enough. I needed Ativan to stop me from vibrating. Reminder to self: must pre-plan better, must have a system, must make a spreadsheet ahead of time!
- I worked 3 night shifts, all of which were pretty last minute covering for someone who was sick. It messed with the sleep strategy that usually works for me, and resulted in me being very sleep deprived. I should’ve just said no to one of the shifts, but I decided I could use the money.
- My massage therapist was away this week, so I had a massage from someone else at the same clinic. I really shouldn’t have bothered booking the appointment in the first place; I have a hard time feeling comfortable with someone new, so the massage really wasn’t very relaxing at all.
- My guinea pig Oreo seems to have the piggy equivalent of irritable bowel syndrome.
- I didn’t get as much writing done as I’d planned as part of my weekly goal-setting, but then again I had to devote a lot of time to catching up on sleep.
How has your week been?