Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I have woodpecker babies! Ok maybe not me specifically, but the woodpeckers roosting on my balcony. I’ve seen two, but there may be more. Unfortunately I haven’t managed to get pictures yet.
- I’ve been quite dizzy this week. It feels kind of like being drunk and the world is wobbling around me.
- I live adjacent to a university campus. I was at the liquor store on Thursday, which I believe was the last day of classes, because the place was packed with 19 year olds. There was one chickypoo whose shorts were so short that if she didn’t have a good bikini wax there would have been a serious wardrobe malfunction. You know your shorts are too short when…
- I saw one of my regular patients this week to do her Abilify injection. It’s a bit of a production to prepare, and I’m so clumsy because of my tremor. Luckily she likes my injections because they don’t hurt, so she doesn’t seem to mind putting up with me dropping things. For whatever reason the ability to do the darting motion required for an intramuscular injection isn’t affected by the tremor.
- I’m staying at my parents’ place right now. They live in the same city as my Grandma, who’s 102 years old. The last time I saw Grandma she has just moved into a care home and was having a hard time adjusting, but she’s doing a lot better now. The downside of visiting now, though, is that I’m missing prime woodpecker baby time.
- I got added as an author to another publication on Medium, Mariposa Magazine, and published I quit: Leaving a job due to workplace bullying.
- A few months back I discovered Bella Grace Magazine in a post on Everyday Magic with Jubilee. It sounded like a great publication, so I decided to submit an article. I found out this week that my article will be published in their summer edition. Yay!
- I had an article rejected, but it didn’t faze me, which feels like progress.
- I’m trying out a writing platform called Hubpages. I haven’t decided yet whether or not I’m going to stick with it, but here’s my first post I am not my meds.
- A while back I had switched over to using the Google Chrome browser because “like” buttons on WordPress websites weren’t working in Safari. Then yesterday out of the blue it stopped working in Chrome and is now working in Safari. What the hell WordPress?
This week on the Best Life Collaborative
How has your week been?