Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I had two fantastic reviews of my book this week from Johnzelle at Perfectly Imperfect and Marie at MAG’s Blog, which was awfully exciting.
- I worked a couple of night shifts this week, which went fine.
- I feel like I’ve got a lot of things I’m either doing or thinking about doing, and I end up kind of floundering and not really doing all that much. I use a lot of lists to keep my brain on track, but sometimes my system will start to lose its effectiveness and I have to do a major list overhaul. I’m making progress on that, which hopefully will help me feel a bit more focused.
- I got out for a few walks this week, which is a big improvement over the last few months when my mobility was limited by breathing problems. I’m feeling a lot better physically, but I am a bit concerned that’ll make it easier for the rheumatologist to blow me off when I see him in a couple of weeks.
- It’s been several months since I last saw my Grandma, and I didn’t want to go for a visit until the pneumonia had totally cleared up. I’ve decided I’m going to head out there next weekend. I’ll stay at my parents’ place and spend much of the day visiting Grandma in the care home she’s living in. It’ll be tiring, but given that she’s 102 I have to take advantage of each opportunity since it could easily be the last.
- The weather has been sunny and warm this week, which has had a positive impact on my mood. I hope the spring weather means my woodpeckers will be baby-making soon. Today I’m planning to plant my balcony herb garden. I’m a plant killer, but I’m hoping some parsley will grow since the guinea pigs like it.
- I went for a late birthday breakfast with a friend. IHOP is a wonderful thing. Give me a good greasy diner breakfast over a fancy restaurant breakfast any time.
- On Longevity.media, I published Nutrition myths debunked. The Writing Cooperative published my article Bringing it back to purpose.
The Best Life Collaborative has a Twitter account- follow us at @BestLifeCollab1! On the blog this week, we had Kristian’s post Writing my way out: How writing has helped me deal with my mental health issues and my post Growing your blog with monetization.
How has your week been?