I stopped doing blog awards a while back, but Samantha at My Bipolar Mind and Victoria at Girl with the paw print tattoo nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award, so it seemed like a good time to spread a little sunshine.
Spring is slowly springing – the days are getting longer, the sun is making an appearance more often, and the birds are happily singing away. Soon it will be time to plant my little balcony planter garden, although I have quite the black thumb and if anything grows I’ll be lucky.
The building where I live is kind of like a hollow rectangle, and I face into the quiet, enclosed courtyard. My balcony is south-facing, so it gets lost of sunshine and is a very pleasant place to sit in the summer. It’s a nice way to be mindfully at peace while watching the birds dance and the wind rustle the leaves of the trees. Sunshine certainly doesn’t make everything all better, but hey, every little bit helps.
There’s also a lot of sunshine, of the non-visual variety, spread around the blogging community. It’s a place where people support one another, and that’s really wonderful to see. It’s something that brings a lot of light to my days on a regular basis.
So here’s wishing plenty of sunshine to all of you!
And for anyone who enjoys answering questions, here are the questions, taken half from Samantha and half from Victoria, and feel free to join in and give your own answers:
- Why did you enter the world of blogging?
- What is your lifelong dream? Have you accomplished it?
- What are 3 of your favorite books?
- What is your dream job and are you currently working in that field?
- What is the hardest lesson you’ve ever learned?
- If you would have any superpower in the world, what would it be and why?
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with all of your extra time?
- If you could be any character in a TV show, movie or book, who would you be and why?
- What job would you be terrible at?
- What’s your favorite drink?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What would be your very first question if you woke up after being cryogenically frozen?
- Why did you enter the world of blogging? To express myself and do something that felt meaningful.
- What is your lifelong dream? Have you accomplished it? I don’t think I ever had one, and I’ve kind of given up on the whole dream thing and figure it’s better to just stick with reality.
- What are 3 of your favorite books? A Tale of Two Cities, Pride & Prejudice, and Anne of the Island.
- What is your dream job and are you currently working in that field? Ixnay on the dreams.
- What is the hardest lesson you’ve ever learned? That people can be really cruel.
- If you would have any superpower in the world, what would it be and why? Flying, and I’d go tropical island-hopping.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with all of your extra time? Oh I would definitely sleep anyway. Bedtime is absolutely the best part of the day.
- If you could be any character in a TV show, movie or book, who would you be and why? The first thing that came to mind was She-Ra, because after all, she is princess of power. The second to pop up in my head was Jessie Spano in Saved by the Bell. She was feisty, and life was nice and simple at Bayside.
- What job would you be terrible at? Anything involving sales. I wouldn’t want to bother anyone, so I’d just stand around and wait for people to come to me if they needed anything.
- What’s your favorite drink? Tea, with milk and no sweetener. I consume copious amounts every day.
- What do you wish you knew more about? Taking care of plants so that they’re actually able to survive. I’m a serial plant killer.
- What would be your very first question if you woke up after being cryogenically frozen? Why are you bothering me? I was sleeping!