Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I began what I thought was going to be a small job doing some minor grout repair in my shower. Except when I took a closer look I discovered the problem is much bigger than I thought. I don’t have the energy to do it all in one go, so it’ll be spread out over a while. The downside of being single is that I don’t have a significant other who might at least pretend to be interested in this kind of thing.
- I filed my taxes. My income was low enough and I had enough deductions that I’ll get back pretty much all of the income tax that was deducted from my paycheques, so that’s nice.
- My little man guinea pig is a real cookie monster. He was struggling, but now he’s managing much better with his high treat diet.
- A saw a client this week to do her monthly Abilify injection. I’d taken propranolol beforehand to try to keep my tremor under control, but I got out of breath walking from my car to her building so I used my salbutamol puffer, which ended up making my tremor worse. I was trying to screw a needle onto a syringe and dropped the needle; it was capped, so no stabbing myself, but still not the best impression to be giving. Afterwards I felt exhausted and physically quite gross, and crawled straight into bed when I got home.
- I’m feeling quite a bit better, but vestiges of the pneumonia continue to linger, so I’m still in antibiotics. I’ve getting pulmonary function testing done this coming week, so we’ll see if that sheds any light on anything.
- Invisible Illness published my article Adventures in Stigma in the ER, a revamp of a blog post I did a few weeks ago. It seems to be getting a pretty good response on Medium, so hopefully I’ll make a bit of money off of it.
- I decided to try out Instagram, and I felt like an idiot because I couldn’t figure out how to post pictures. I turned to Google and learned that you can only post from the app and not the website unless you use some sort of workaround. Seriously? That was the end of my relationship with Instagram.
On the Best Life Collaborative this week:
How has your week been?