Weekend wrap-up

wrapping paper, ribbon, and twine

Rawpixel on Pixabay

Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:

• I hit 500 posts on my blog.  I’ve found as both the number of posts and the number of images I’ve used grow, WordPress gets slower and more stumbly.  I really notice this when trying to find an image I’ve previously used.
  • Pinterest stats puzzle me and I’m not entirely sure they’re accurate.  I’ve been humming along at around 70K monthly views for a while now, and all of a sudden I’m up over 200K.  It’s certainly not anything I’ve done differently.
  • This has been another week of not feeling well physically.  All week I’ve been coughing, trying with minimal success to clear thick gunk out of my lungs.  I’m also still experiencing psychomotor retardation.  It’s felt a bit weird the couple of times I’ve gone out to the grocery store; everyone is moving so much faster than I am, even an elderly lady with a walker!
  • I had a night shift at one of my jobs that I had booked a while back.  I decided to go ahead and do it since usually there’s not a whole lot involved.  Plus I don’t like that I’m mostly living off my savings, so a bit of income is probably a good thing.  Anyway, it was very tiring but I got through it, only to have a migraine hit on my drive home.  Fun.
  • Aside from that I’ve done very little this week.  Bed is definitely my preferred place to be.

How has your week been?

psych meds made simple

My first book, Psych Meds Made Simple: How & Why They Do What They Do, is now available on Amazon as an ebook or paperback.  It’s everything you didn’t realize you wanted to know about medications!

22 thoughts on “Weekend wrap-up

1. Autistickish says:

I’ve also been clearing gunk out of my lungs! Mine looks like butterscotch. What about yours? 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, though, 500 posts impresses but doesn’t surprise me. It’s amazing how prolific you are.

I hope you feel better soon. ☺️

It’s funny you mention the stats. I’ve been puzzled by them as well. I haven’t changed much either, but for some odd reason they reflect my archives always being this stupendous amount… I don’t get it.
    As far as your health is concern, just rest and relax as much as you can. I hope you feel better real soon, Ashley. 😷 🤒😴😊

Oh no, you sound unwell!! I hope you feel better soon!! Canadian winters would probably be the death of me, so I admire your survival abilities!! I hope you get some good rest and quiet time to recover!! Please don’t push yourself too hard!! Make some nice, soothing hot tea with honey!!

4. lavenderandlevity says:

I’ve also had that “I’m kind of sick but dang this is lasting forever.” But, after this long presumably it’s a fun chronic illness thing, not me actually being contagious, so I’ve done my normal routine. 70k views *per month* seems super impressive, but I have no idea how to even make a Pinterest post out of a blog, so I might be just easily impressed. Still, totally impressed!

• lavenderandlevity says:

There’s probably some spambots on there. But, you did write a real-life book and you’ve published on real media platforms. Even I use Pinterest (though I admit I haven’t done anything with my blog on it because that kind of self-promotion seems *too* much like setting me up for failure.) Don’t totally undersell yourself. Pinterest, from what I understand, and Twitter and places like that are the real ways you grow your blog. Getting WordPress followers is a bit old-school now. Give yourself proper credit for having done the kinds of things that get attention on the hip media the young whippersnappers use these days. (Also, why yes, I am a Millennial. I am just crotchety about *social media* technology specifically. I still don’t have an Instagram. It seems like so much work! I like other tech though!)

I don’t have Instagram either – I figure what’s the point, when the only pictures I take are of my guinea pgis. I definitely do get traffic to my blog from Pinterest. The increase in Pinterest views does coincide with my book launch, but my book-related pins are getting very few impressions and no click-throughs, so I can’t figure out why this mysterious more than doubling in views. Oh the mysterious workings of the internet.

5. seaofwordsx says:

I agree that bed is also my place to be. However, I’m happy I saw my best friend last week and yesterday I went for a ride on the bike with my mother. I hope you feel better soon 💖 I also experience that WordPress is getting slower as I used so much images.