Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Every so often one of my guinea pigs has tummy troubles with diarrhea that clears up within a couple of weeks if I keep her on a strict all hay diet. She’s already doing quite a bit better compared to the beginning of the week.
- I’ve had a cold this week. I’m not feeling all that sick, but my lungs are congested and breathing is more challenging than usual. Luckily having eucalyptus oil going in my aromatherapy diffuser has been helping.
- I had a power outage for 24 hours because of a windstorm. It sure becomes clear just how much we rely on technology. I’m glad Starbucks always has charging outlets.
- I skipped yoga this week because I didn’t want to be coughing all over the place, but I had a massage, which was lovely.
- I started going to the coffee shop next door to the massage clinic to write for an hour before my massage. I’m noticing that I’m even worse than normal at task switching in that setting, so I don’t even try, which ends up actually making me more productive.
- Earlier in the week I was having anxiety related to the recent dose increased in my amphetamine, but that’s gone away by now. My ability to focus seems to have improved somewhat, although probably some of that is I didn’t have any big goals for things I wanted to make progress on or get done this week.
- I had a post published in The Ascent on getting shit done in spite of depression.
- I also did a post on Vocal’s Longevity site on aromatherapy for mental wellness.
How has your week been?