Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- There are many things that puzzle me in this world, but one is getting emails via WordPress from totally random people inviting me to follow their blog. Um, no thank you…
- For one of my jobs I took on a new patient to see for monthly injections. I was totally overwhelmed and discombobulated. There were a number of important things I almost forgot to do, and I had to call the patient a second time because I’d completely forgotten to ask her a basic question.
- I decided to go talk to my doctor about my spacey depression brain. He wanted me to increase the dose of the stimulant I take, and he suggested that I try doing a hard-core ketogenic diet for a week, eating only animal products. One of the things I like about this doctor is that he’s open to anything, and he’s had a few patients that have noticed a benefit from doing a keto blitz, so he thought it would be worth giving it a try. By the middle of day 2 I felt physically gross and like my brain was starving, so that was the end of that experiment.
- No massage this week. I miss it, and am looking forward to my next appointment on Tuesday.
- My parents haven’t asked me what I’m doing for Christmas. I know it’s because it was really hard for me going home for Christmas last year, and they know that and don’t want to trigger me. I have kind of a weird push-pull of wishing they would ask but at the same time being glad they haven’t.
- Speaking of Christmas, I’m still indifferent. I’d been thinking earlier that maybe I’d put up some lights, but I just don’t care enough. Maybe I’ll have some carbo-licious mac and cheese for Christmas dinner.
Off-blog writing this week:
- The Single Gal User’s Manual on Humans.media
- One Answer to Nationalism? Travelling on Wander.media
- Pressing send: Overcoming the psychological barrier on The Writing Cooperative
- I got top writer status in mental health on Medium.com. I’m not really sure how they decide that, but it’s pretty cool.
- There’s a piece I’ve been working on for a while now to submit to a magazine, and I’ve been fussing with it for long enough that it was starting to annoy me. This week I finally decided I didn’t want to have to look at it any more and it was time to just submit it already.
How has your week been?