Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It’s been a slow week for me. Again, I haven’t had any work, which is getting concerning.
- You know you’re moving up in the world when… I was searching on Google Images for a picture to use for a tweet. I had entered “blue Christmas depression”, and I didn’t get far into scrolling before lo and behold, I saw the image and link for my post on Christmas and depression. Cool!
- I was thinking during my massage this week how safe I felt. This is perhaps an odd way to describe it, but I felt like a fetus secure in the womb. My massage therapist always keeps me tucked in and cozy. She always initiates touch very gently, which is good since I have a strong startle response. I’ve only been seeing her for a couple of months but I’m thrilled that I found her.
- I’ve been noticing that I have lulls of a kind of numbed-out momentum, but these are punctuated by breakthrough bursts of hopelessness.
This is what I’ve gotten up to outside of my blog this week:
- Too Curmudgeonly to Couple on Humans.media
- Manufacturing Pathology on Psyche.media
- My post on depression and masturbation was published on Invisible Illness
- I already posted a link to my article on workplace bullying on Psyche
- I also submitted articles to a couple of niche magazines.
How has your week been?
Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store to find my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, a mini-ebook collection focused on therapy, and plenty of free downloadable resources.