Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- On a post about suicide I did earlier this week, someone left a comment that suicide is the epitome and selfishness and cowardice. Initially I was gobsmacked, but then I realized that I don’t want that kind of crap on my blog and there’s no reason why I should put up with it. Person blocked, end of story.
- November is now done and I did not work a single day in it. Both of my jobs I work casual, and there just hasn’t been much available this month. Going this long without working makes me feel less able to work. But I guess it is what it is.
- I submitted a piece to an online publication that pays well. There’s about a 0% chance it will be accepted, and that’s totally ok; for me the victory was having the ladyballs to press the send button on the email.
- This week I decided to diversify a bit on the Vocal Media platform, and published posts on Psyche (about disclosing mental illness), Petlife (about the therapeutic value of pets), and Humans (about introversion).
- Normally I think things through for a while before making a decision, but I spontaneously decided to upgrade to the WordPress Personal plan because I wanted my own domain. it’s probably not going to actually change much of anything, but it’s still kinda cool. GoDaddy is sitting on the .com version of my site name, so went with mentalhealthathome.org.
- I’ve been feeling kind of achy all over for no apparent reason. Maybe I’m just getting old?
- Despite getting old (😉) I’m venturing further into the digital world and had my first Skype session, to talk blogging ideas with the lovely Candace from A Chick Click.
How has your week been?
Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store to find my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, a mini-ebook collection focused on therapy, and plenty of free downloadable resources.