Weekend wrap-up

wrapping paper, ribbon, and twine

Rawpixel on Pixabay

Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:

• I didn’t work at all this week.  It would’ve been nice to use all the time I had on my hands to do some more writing, but instead there’s been a lot of staring blankly at partially completed drafts with no idea where I’m trying to go.  So yeah, my concentration hasn’t been great this week.
  • I’ve been going to bed really early for several years now, but it’s getting a bit ridiculous.  When I got home from Italy, I was struggling to stay up until 6pm.  With the time change last weekend, 6pm bedtime is now 5pm bedtime.  It’s bizarre, but being a hermit living alone there’s not any real motivator to change.
  • I had a massage.  It had been about six weeks since my last one, so it was much appreciated.  My massage therapist’s heated weighted blanket is the best thing ever.
  • I’m going to visit my family this coming weekend to help my Grandma settle into the care home she’s moving into.  I’ll be staying with my parents.  It’ll be the first time I’ve stayed with them in about 3 years, so I’m not sure how that will go.
  • I’ve been cooking from scratch more lately, which is a nice change because for a while there I’d gotten into a rut of eating complete crap.
  • I brushed my teeth a little bit more often this week.  It had dwindled down to almost non-existent, because I just didn’t care.  I still don’t care, but figure I should try to make an effort anyway.
  • I hit 400 posts on my blog, which was my goal for 2018.

How has your week been?

Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store to find my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, a mini-ebook collection focused on therapy, and plenty of free downloadable resources.

28 thoughts on “Weekend wrap-up

Great job hitting 400 posts!! I’m also so glad you’re going to help your grandma move into her home!! You are such a loving granddaughter!!

I wish your depression weren’t such a bitch!! 🙁

2. scarlettcat says:

Some ups and downs but so is life 🙂 I’m glad that you reached 400 posts, that you’ve been taking care of yourself and I’m really envious (in a good way) of your massage. I really need one! <3

3. DV says:

Great job on the blog 🙂 With toothbrushing, even though I was secretly judgmental of electric toothbrushes as being a gimmick for rich lazy people, when my dentist was critical of how well my teeth were brushed I finally gave in and started using the one we’d bought for my daughter when she had braces. I don’t use it all the time, but when I’m exhausted and just want to fall into bed but my teeth feel kind of furry, it is less work.

4. Liz says:

I was back at volunteering my one usual day a week,this week.
    The week has been a struggle at times this week with part exhaustion and very sore painful joints and muscles. On some of my worser days, I did nothing, other than work.
    I have been working today and same tomorrow, for four hours in a morning. Today, when I finished it was lunch at home and watching DVD’s for rest of the day. I shall be in bed soon, after posting this.
    Tomorrow I will be doing the same, after work.

5. Karen says:

Awesome 400 posts! I know how close you are to your grandma so it will be lovely for you to see her and help her settle in, I hope the time with your parents goes well.
    No ideas on how or why to alter your sleep pattern, I’m not a sleeper (I wish I were) and without my mirtazapine I’d have even less. Excellent news on the home cooking and the teeth brushing, good nourishment and self-care are so important.

My week has been as good as it can be when I’m virtually housebound!

6. Not Your Average Chick says:

Loss of concentration is so annoying. Do you wake up throughout the night when you go to sleep that early? If I go to bed early I will wake up super early and then I have to force myself to go ahead and stay up so I make it to work at 7am but on the other end of the spectrum I stay up too late and end up being an hour late to work, at least once a week. We need to strive for balance. I think this week will be better and more focused for you. Sometimes we require more rest than we knew we needed.

7. seaofwordsx says:

Congratulations on your 400th post ❤️🎉 That’s amazing! I wish you good luck with everything 🍀 I always stay uo way too late so I would really be happy to go early to bed.