Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Mentally I’ve been a total space cadet.
- I went to a restorative yoga class, and spent a good chunk of time just blankly staring in puzzlement at such profound things as the pattern on my neighbour’s yoga pants.
- The guinea pigs are settled nicely back into their routine. My boy is spending a lot of time sleeping, but if I was the equivalent of his geriatric age I’d probably be doing the same.
- I worked 2 night shifts at my mental health job. It didn’t involve doing a whole lot, but I managed to almost forget to do some of the key things that I had to get done. The 2nd night, a client was pacing elephant-style in the hall. When I told him to stop, he refused to listen to me or even stop to speak to me, and told me I’m f***ed and he doesn’t have to listen to what staff say. I used to be able to handle situations like that and keep my cool, but now that kind of thing gets my mind and body. One of the things that tends to happens then is that my voice cracks, which makes me sound uncertain and unassertive. I hate it, and it’s just one more way that I’m not capable of functioning the way I do when I’m well.
- I had an article published on Psyche this week, and the site has a tip the author feature. And someone left me a tip! Woohoo!!!
- I had an argument with a friend and didn’t cry until after when I could do it privately. I’ll take little bits of progress wherever I can.
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay