I’m taking a break from doing blog awards since they can be time-consuming. Instead, when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format. I’ll also answer questions from assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
A few questions from A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip‘s Game On series – weird life stuff
- Why are supposedly easy to open packages always so difficult to open? To make doofuses like me feel really stupid.
- Time to fess up … what music from your teenage years do you turn on and still dance to? It’s not so much from my teenage years as my childhood in the 80’s – a little New Kids on the Block, Belinda Carlisle, Roxette… Ah, good times…
- What was either weirdest book you ever read or the weirdest film you ever saw? [Please provide link] When I was in university a roommate of mine was doing a paper about porn, and so she wanted all of us roomies to watch porn together. I think we were all virgins at the time. Anyway, we borrowed Ass-openers 8 (or whatever number it was) on VHS from one of our guy friends, and had a girls night in watching Ass-openers. It was very educational, and no, I will not be providing a link.
- Time to fess up again, what was the weirdest or craziest fashion craze you were in to as a kid? Well, since acid wash jeans have made a comeback that probably doesn’t count. Perhaps the neon spandex bike shorts.
- What words did you make up and claim as your own as a kid? I wasn’t much of a neologist as a kid, but my brother made up a ton of words and the rest of the family adopted many of them.
- In what game is the word snap used? Going back to the 80’s theme, one in which you’re wearing a snap bracelet?
- Have you ever gotten completely and utterly lost? Explain please. Living in neat, orderly Canada I assumed that streets everywhere had names and signs displaying those names. And then I started travelling and discovered yeah, not so much. I have a good sense of direction and am good at reading maps, but there were a few times I got completely lost in India because of the total lack of street signs.
- Did you have a favourite piece of clothing as a kid or even as an adult? [For me it’s my sneakers, serioulsy old and battered but l love them!] I am totally in love with Gap maternity leggings. No, I’m not pregnant, but these leggings fit right over my psych-med-weight-baby and they’re the comfiest thing ever.
- Do you have any strange family traditions? I could say we celebrate Festivus, except I’d be lying (unfortunately).
- Have you ever taken part in some kind of weird adventure? When I was in university and living in residence my roommates and I had somehow managed to break our toilet tank lid in half. One night we pulled off a switcheroo and swapped our broken toilet tank lid with one we stole from a washroom elsewhere in the building. And we were drunk at the time, so we thought it was the funniest thing ever.
- What is the ‘worst haircut’ you have ever had? In grade 4 I cut my hair short and used hair gel to make it spiky. Not a good look at all.
- Can you remember who your worst school teacher was? His name was Mr. Boyd. He taught grade 9 honours math, but he was a PE teacher and hadn’t the slightest clue about math. We’re talking 3×4=14 kind of thing.
- We all have one, but who is yours? The crazy relative? That would have to be me. But I do recall a hillbilly cousin Gerald that my dad didn’t want visiting back in the day.
- What completely safe animal are you TOTALLY afraid of?? Moths. They’re like the ugly drunk uncle of the butterfly stumbling around and just generally being icky.
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay