Weekend wrap-up

wrapping paper, ribbon, and twine

Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:

• My mood has been shit.
  • I got exempted from jury duty, which is good.  I couldn’t make a decision about what to do about the jury summons, so I did an exemption request but explained that I didn’t know if I should actually be asking for an exemption.  I guess they figured someone who’s too nutty to make a decision about a jury duty exemption is too nutty to be making a decision about someone’s guilt or innocence.
  • Although my follower numbers have gotten higher than I had ever expected and are steadily increasing, my actual visitors and views numbers have been steadily dropping.  I don’t blog for the purpose of stats, but it’s hard not to feel discouraged by that kind of mismatch in numbers.
  • I’m so not impressed with my new job.  They’re pretty sporadic when it comes to actually responding to emails, and the pay is shit, although they seem to be in denial about that.
  • I didn’t work much this week, and I’ve been having a bit of a hard time keeping myself occupied because I just don’t feel like doing anything.  I find myself wishing I could just sleep 24 hours a day.
  • My regular doctor was away so I ended up seeing a different doctor to get my meds refilled.  Without even so much as a “how are you?” she refilled my meds for 9 months.  Last week my naturopath was away so the other naturopath in the clinic did my methylfolate/B12 injection.  She also didn’t ask how I was doing.  I don’t actually have any desire to talk to health care professionals I don’t know, but I’m sensing a theme here.
  • I went to yoga twice hoping it would give me a bit of an escape from myself.  It didn’t.

How has your week been?

Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store for premium mental health resources, guided journals, how-to guides, and my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple.

Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay

32 thoughts on “Weekend wrap-up

1. eirlysgwenllian says:

Sorry about your mood not being good and things being rather crappy overall. I hope next week will be better for you. As for the mismatch in stats, that’s why I don’t check my stats very regularly, sometimes it can be rather dishertening. 😀 I’m having a quiet weekend at home so far, and my mood is mostly OK which is quite a change after weeks of feeling extremely rubbish.

Geez, sorry your interim doctor couldn’t even ask you how you’re doing! ?!?! AARGH.

Jury duty always sends me over the edge of sanity too. They address the summons to [M-word] Kimball. I always write back an angry, irate, irrational letter telling them where they can shove my no-longer-legally-mine birthname. That takes care of it every time. It sounds as if you were much more sane about it, so I wouldn’t feel too bad!

I know what you mean about stats, too. You’re the only person who ever comments on my blog anymore! (Thank you so much!!) 🙂

Do you need book recommendations for this dull period before vacay? Hmm….. What kind of fiction do you prefer?

3. utahan15 says:

not too bad
    colonostopy monday
    moods
    feel alone
    meds will not suffice
    you know this
    you been bullied
    down and out and in between
    how do you feel as a human being
    and as a woman?
    me i feel like a complete fuck up
    eh
    words
    dialogue please
    ty!

4. ezi2015 says:

Meh. Too much family drama. 😒 Yeah myself, I try not to worry about the stats of WordPress, because I don’t want my blog to be about followers, but about bringing about mental health, sexual assault and homelnessness awareness. But I DO know how you feel. But look at the brightside… NO jury duty!

5. Karen says:

Hey Ashley, shitty week, hugs xx
    I dread being called for jury duty, and I hope that if I were called I’d get an exemption. Got to be some perks of being nutty!
    Apologies for being the reason for your dwindling stats 😀 but you know the people who read your blog like to read all of your posts (even if that means they catch up on twenty at a time – mentioning no names).
    I’m in a pretty crappy place but fooling myself that I’m fine by motoring on with my new book… I’ll lay it all down here as I’m not blogging it – my dad passed away yesterday, I got the appointment for my next mammogram, and for my clinical psychology assessment, I’m avoiding everything – people, busy places, cooking, cleaning, housework – but I’m running and writing so I guess I appear normal-ish!
    But this isn’t about me, your blogging family are here for you, to moan about your job, doctors, neighbours, family, everything! Look after yourself xx

6. cyn says:

Awe, I’m sorry that you had a rough week. Hopefully next week is a better one for you <3 my week was shitty because I got switched working thirds and my body hates me for it. I had a migraine earlier today (I blame it on the weather)…overall, my mood has been down in the dumps too…

7. independencetohappiness says:

Hang in there! I’m out of a job right now, I feel you on the crappy job thing. Also, when I don’t post, my views and visitors decrease, but my followers have increased. I’m giving it my best to post every day, if not every other day. Good luck!

8. sumofmyparts618125270 says:

Letting you know I am reading. Brief note: If you post your whole blog for the emailed readers to view and they like from the email, do you know if they viewed it? Meaning…do people have to go to your actual site for it to be counted as viewed?

9. seaofwordsx says:

I’m sorry you had a hard week. I wish you all the luck for this week 🍀❤️ I also have more followers but not that many people see my posts so I understand your disappointment. I really dislike that doctors sometimes are mean and even don’t care about how you are and don’t ask. You are amazing. Keep going. I’m back in Holland and had a great wedding party of my brother on Saturday and saw family and yesterday I saw my best friend again after 9 months so I’m pretty happy about that ❤️

10. marandarussell says:

I don’t really pay attention to the visitors/views stats much, but maybe I should. I guess in some ways that is more important than number of followers. I was exempted for jury duty permanently and I’m really glad about that.

11. Marcie Callewaert says:

I was called to witness for an assault victim in several months. Here’s hoping the trial changes. The last one I was called into to witness was cancelled when the accused plead guilty.

I’m trying not to pay attention to stats. But when you have a message you want to get out, it is frustrating to see it ignored.

Spent some time with my furbabies this weekend. Felt guilty about not doing more work for my “Volunteer” coordinator position.

Feeling the Seasonal Affective Disorder creeping up on me. Trying to get out in Nature more!

Hugs!