I’ve decided to take a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format, along with assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from Liz at My Wellbeing and Learning Journey:
- Are you a city, beach, or country girl? I’m a city girl. I grew up in a small town and was not at all impressed. I do have this unrealistic dream, though, of spending my later years on a little hobby farm in the middle of nowhere surrounded by various furry critters. I would be completely incompetent at maintaining said farm, but hey, a girl’s gotta dream.
- If you could choose to live anywhere, where would it be and why? I think where I live now (Vancouver, Canada) is pretty great. For one, it’s in Canada, but also it’s pretty cool that you can go from the beach to being on top of a ski hill in less than an hour.
- Do you have tattoos? I have 3. A dolphin on my right hip, Chinese characters on my left hip, and a phoenix on the left side of my ribcage.
- What are your favourite hobbies? I think blogging is my only hobby.
- After a stressful day, what do you do, to help you relax at the end of the day? Snuggles with the guinea pigs, plus maybe a funny video for distraction.
- Are you a spring, summer, autumn, or winter person? I like early autumn, when it’s still sunny and warm-ish, but the leaves are starting to change. I hate winters where I live – it rains for weeks at a time and sunny days are very few and far between.
- Sweet or savoury? I don’t think I could pick just one – both are so yummy! What I’m not keen on is spicy or bitter.
Questions from Marie-Céline:
- What is your top tip for writing a blog post? Write with yourself and what you want to express in mind, and try not to focus on what other people are likely to think.
- Which Country do you live in? Canada – best country in the world!
- Do you like to travel? Yes, I’ve always liked travelling, and it’s probably something I picked up from my parents. I try to do an international trip almost every year, although sometimes my illness gets in the way.
- What is your favourite music? I don’t really have a favourite. I’ve got a bunch of songs loaded on my iPhone, and listen to whatever I’m in the mood for.
- What is your favourite food? Cheeseburgers! And I answer this question often enough that I’ll spice it up and add toppings of the day. Today will be the oldie but goodie combo of bacon and cheddar.
- If you could collaborate with another blogger, who would you choose? Maybe the author Jenny Lawson, who wrote Furiously Happy, because I think she’s totally hilarious.
- Do any of your friends or family have a blog? Not that I know of. Then again, I don’t have many friends or a lot of family, so it’s a pretty small pool of potential bloggers.
- Do you prefer handmade or shop-bought presents? I’d probably do more handmade stuff if I had more talent in that department. There was one year that everyone got scarves for Christmas, but there’s only so many scarves people need, right? I usually try to get either something that’s useful or something that tastes good.
- Besides blogging, do you have any other creative skills? Writing is really my only creative ability. I’ve done artistic things before, like dance and playing musical instruments, but I was never inclined to do my own choreography or composition or anything like that.
- Would you rather text or talk? Text, hands down. I hate talking on the phone, and always have.
- If you were asking the questions, what would you like the final question to be? I’m fascinated with animals, so I’m going to pick an animal-themed question. If you could have one wild animal magically be tame and live with you, what would it be? And I’m going to be very Canadian and choose a moose, although he’d probably find my living room a little too cramped for his liking. He’d probably want to jump off my balcony, and I’d have an excuse to yell out “there’s a moose on the loose!”
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay