Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I’ve been pretty slowed down, both mind and body.
- I only had 2 patients to see this week. One was for my new job, and they pay me a pre-determined amount per visit. Except they seem to be calculating travel time based on an assumption that I am going to the patient’s home via magic carpet rather than driving through rush hour traffic, so the hourly rate this appointment worked out to was $13/hour less than the minimum they told me I’d be making. I emailed the manager, and in response got a brush-off email saying they’d be sending out a memo next week about how the per-visit amounts are calculated. Not impressed.
- I went to yoga once this week, and had a massage with my lovely new massage therapist.
- I’ve firmed up pet-setting arrangements for when I’m away next month, which is a relief.
- I check my comment spam regularly to make sure I catch the legit comments that somehow end up in spam. I had several spam comments that said “Don’t wear seat belts lest you drown in you own urine?” Um, okay then.
- I got a summons for jury duty in the mail yesterday. I’m not sure yet if I’ll do it or apply for an exemption for medical reasons. Probably the latter.
It was my (sort-of) 1 year blog anniversary this week. I say sort of because my go-public date wasn’t October last year. It’s been a pretty cool journey that has introduced me to some amazing people!
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay