Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Mood-wise I’ve been better than last week. Concentration is still not very good, and I get very easily overwhelmed.
- I had to switch massage therapists last month because my previous therapist had left the clinic. I wasn’t happy with the new therapist, so this week I saw another therapist at a different clinic. She was fabulous, and she used a weighted heated blanket, which I really liked.
- I spent more time in the kitchen this week. Fall is such a nice time to make hearty foods like soup.
- I saw my first patient for my new job. I was teaching her to self-inject a medication that I was already familiar with, so there was no reason for me to be nervous, but I just felt really overwhelmed. I had an odd experience when I was there. We were both sitting on the couch, and then she had gotten up to look for her reading glasses. I felt the cushions moving behind me, as though there was a cat walking across the top of them. I looked behind me. Nothing. It happened several more times, and I kept looking back. Still nothing. And that got me thinking on my drive home that this isn’t the first time I’ve had weird perceptual stuff going on. Like sometimes I feel my bed vibrate and the thought that comes to mind is that the guinea pigs caused it, which makes no sense. Is it mild psychosis? Friendly ghosts? I really don’t know.
- I continue to struggle with a good friend who unintentionally does things that upset me. It’s exhausting.
- I’ve got reservations/tickets for everything that I wanted to book ahead of time for my Italy trip. I’m a bit concerned that if I’m feeling so overwhelmed by not much of anything at home, I’ll be really overwhelmed by dealing with all the daily logistics while I’m away.
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay