I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format, along with assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip Quick Fire Round 10:
- What is the one meal you could eat all day every day for the rest of your life if you had to? Cheerios. I’ve been eating them since I was a kid, and will keep eating them til the day I day.
- If we lived in an all grey world what three colours would you introduce as the first and only colours to our world? I’m a little blue-crazy, so let’s go with navy blue, sky blue, and teal.
- Have you ever been starstruck? Back in the day I was a big ice hockey fan (how very Canadian of me). I went to a few Vancouver Canucks games and was oh-so-starstruck by the team captain at the time, Trevor Linden. I had decided that somehow, eventually, I was going to marry him. It hasn’t happened yet, but you never know.
- What is the best present you have ever received? An ex-boyfriend was totally broke but managed to scrounge up the money to buy me a digital camera because I was going on a trip. I have to add the caveat that this was 10 years ago, back in the day before everyone had smartphones. Yes, that day did actually exist, and I had a Nokia flip phone with a camera that was absolute crap.
- What film would best describe your life? I’m going to say Dirty Dancing, not because it actually describes my life, but because I’ve always wished that it did.
- What song would best describe your life? Sticking with the Dirty Dancing unreality theme, I’ll go with (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.
- What is the next book you are thinking of reading? The Mind’s Own Physician by the Dalai Lama is loaded on my eReader, ready to go.
- If you NEVER had to sleep and could sail through each and every day without getting tired, what would you be doing with all that extra time? I would sleep anyway. I love sleep, and bedtime is my favourite time of the day.
- What question would you ask of a stranger to get to know them better quickly? I don’t actually like people, so I would most likely pretend said stranger didn’t actually exist. But if I did have to, I would ask who they fantasized about the first time they masturbated. Chances are that would send them running in the opposite direction. Mission accomplished.
- Worst holiday you have ever had? There was definitely good stuff about it, but when I went to India in 2015 I had a month of diarrhea while I was there and 2 months more once I got home. Those 3 months included many, many times more diarrhea than the other 39 years of my life so far. I could go into detail, but I’ll spare you the disgustingness.
- You have the choice at dying at 100 or living to 200 but still go through the ageing process what would you select and why? 100? 200? Dear lord is dying at 50 not on the menu?
- How will humans evolve in the next 1000 years – as in what do you think we will look like? I hope we’d look like butterflies. It would make the world so much prettier.
- What’s the website you visit most often? Duh, WordPress!
- If these were only two choices what would you pick and why: A planet with no fruit or a planet with no vegetables? Can I pick the planet with neither of the above? As long as there are cows. I love me some dairy.
- In a world that is constantly changing on a daily basis what one thing do you hope will never change? Guinea pigs. I hope they stay as furry and silly as they are now.
- What is your astrological sign and do you think you are close to that personality type? I’m a Pisces, and even though I don’t believe that kind of thing, it’s actually reasonably accurate.
- It is said that every one of us has a book waiting to be written, what would your book be? I don’t know the topic, but I think it would be written in a dead language. Perhaps Aramaic.
- What is something you will NEVER do again? I did an aerial tour of the Nazca Lines in Peru. I barfed, barfed, and barfed some more, despite significant pre-meditating. Never, ever again.
Answers please on the transparent side to a droplet of water!
I would need Alice’s looking glass for that complex procedure…
ABC Tag from Flowers in the Brain: This looked fun, so I thought I’d join in.
- Age: 39
- Books: Over the last couple of years I’ve mostly been reading non-fiction. I also like classics like Pride and Prejudice and A Tale of Two Cities.
- Colours: blue, blue, and more blue
- Dream: happiness
- Everyday start with: 1) feed the guinea pigs 2) pee 3) tea
- Flower: I’m a bit clueless about flower names, but I like lilacs and irises because my mom grew them in our back yard when I was a kid.
- Goals: Find a job that’s more fulfilling (same career, just different workplace)
- Height: 5’8″ (oddly enough, we’re mostly metric in Canada, but for people’s height and weight we always use Imperial)
- In love with: guinea pigs!
- Job: nurse
- Kids: only of the guinea pig variety
- Last thing I ate: corn flakes (although unlike Flowers in the Brain, they’re not homemade)
- Magic power: Being able to fly, especially since flying in airplanes is so unpleasant
- Number of fears: There are a variety of things that I’m afraid of, but the only one I get totally irrational with is spiders
- Outfit: pyjamas
- Passions: guinea pigs!
- Quotes: everything that comes out of the mouth of the Dalai Lama seems wise and profound. I bet he could be talking about needing to pee and make it into a deep recognition of our shared humanity.
- Reasons to smile: yet again, guinea pigs!
- Season: late summer/early autumn – kinda like right now!
- Travels: I’ve got a trip to Italy coming up next month
- Underwater animals: Dolphins. My first tattoo was of a dolphin.
- Vacation: I like to travel overseas when I go on vacation and experience something new and different.
- Worst habit: Like Flowers in the Brain, I’m a skin picker. It’s less of a psychological thing and more because of my eczema.
- X men character: I would have to know who the X-men characters are before I could answer this one.
- Your favourite food: Cheeseburgers. No wonder it’s hard to control the psych med weight gain!
- Zodiac sign: Pisces
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay