Travelling has always been a major passion of mine. Unfortunately depression makes it rather hard to feel passionate about much of anything, but in an attempt to get myself a bit more excited about my upcoming trip to Italy I thought I’d do a post covering the places I’ve managed to tick off my list thus far.
- United States
- Austria – my friend and I wanted to visit Mozart’s grave, but after walking there in the pouring rain the cemetery gate was locked
- Czech Republic
- England – I didn’t get outside of London, and will definitely need to go back
- France – one of my all time favourites
- Germany – only visited Munich, so this is another country to return to
- Romania – Where else can you dance the night away at the Dracula Disco?
- Russia – I was depressed during this trip, so didn’t really get to enjoy it. In selfies I took my face is gaunt because I had lost so much weight due to illness.
- Switzerland – the organization nut in me loved that all of the clocks were synchronized and trains arrived on time to the minute
- India – I enjoyed it despite having raging diarrhea much of the time I was there
- Japan – I visit here on a school exchange trip when I was 14. The flight was hideous because back in the day people used to be able to smoke in planes.
- Kyrgyzstan – This is where I got to camp in a yurt (2 yurts, to be exact).
- Vietnam – As a solo white female traveller, I really stood out and acted like a magnet for chatty locals.
South America and Caribbean
- Argentina – Alas I was too sick (thanks to Bolivia) to enjoy the famous steaks
- Brazil – One hotel my mom and I stayed in had a porn channel on the tv and mirrors at various angles around the bed. Classy all the way.
- Egypt – There was so much sexual harassment from yucky Egyptian men
Do you enjoy travelling? Where are some of the place that you’ve visited?
For more travel posts, check out my travel the world page.