Travelling has always been a major passion of mine. Unfortunately depression makes it rather hard to feel passionate about much of anything, but in an attempt to get myself a bit more excited about my upcoming trip to Italy I thought I’d do a post covering the places I’ve managed to tick off my list thus far.
- United States
- Austria – my friend and I wanted to visit Mozart’s grave, but after walking there in the pouring rain the cemetery gate was locked
- Czech Republic
- England – I didn’t get outside of London, and will definitely need to go back
- France – one of my all time favourites
- Germany – only visited Munich, so this is another country to return to
- Romania – Where else can you dance the night away at the Dracula Disco?
- Russia – I was depressed during this trip, so didn’t really get to enjoy it. In selfies I took my face is gaunt because I had lost so much weight due to illness.
- Switzerland – the organization nut in me loved that all of the clocks were synchronized and trains arrived on time to the minute
- India – I enjoyed it despite having raging diarrhea much of the time I was there
- Japan – I visit here on a school exchange trip when I was 14. The flight was hideous because back in the day people used to be able to smoke in planes.
- Kyrgyzstan – This is where I got to camp in a yurt (2 yurts, to be exact).
- Vietnam – As a solo white female traveller, I really stood out and acted like a magnet for chatty locals.
South America and Caribbean
- Argentina – Alas I was too sick (thanks to Bolivia) to enjoy the famous steaks
- Brazil – One hotel my mom and I stayed in had a porn channel on the tv and mirrors at various angles around the bed. Classy all the way.
- Egypt – There was so much sexual harassment from yucky Egyptian men
Do you enjoy travelling? Where are some of the place that you’ve visited?