Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It hasn’t been the greatest week. People hurt, and yes I know it’s avoidant, but I think I’d prefer the only meaningful relationships in my life to be with guinea pigs. I do need to recognize, though, that typically this is a hard time of year for me for whatever reason, so this is probably just part of my abnormal normal.
- I did some training for the new job I’m starting. I’m feeling a bit nervous-ish about it. The part dealing with patients will be fine, but there will just be new paperwork and workflow stuff to have to wrap my head around. At my job that’s drawing to a close I’m a casual employee, but the new “job” isn’t actually a job – I’ll be an “independent contractor”. That has implications for income tax and such things that I’ll have to figure out. I tried reading about it on the Revenue Canada website but my depression jello brain was just having none of it.
- I made it to yoga twice this week.
- I’ve been trying to watch funny videos to cope with low mood. Got some nice distraction value from Airplane (and don’t call me Shirley!).
- Despite feeling unfocused, I had some spurts of greater coherence and managed to get some writing done.
- I saw a teenage kid in the grocery wearing a not very attractive Balenciaga jean jacket. I looked it up online, and it costs $1700. So yeah, I’m judging, because a) the uneven distribution of wealth in the world disturbs me, and b) what the hell is wrong with the parents that they are teaching their kid that this sort of overconsumption is a good thing.
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay