Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- My sleep has been messed up, and I’ve felt really unfocused and vaguely physically unwell. The heat has probably been messing with my lithium levels, and I don’t think it’s helped that there’s been horrendous air quality from forest fire smoke.
- I went to yoga once, and also had a massage. I’m still not thrilled with my new massage therapist, and I have a feeling things aren’t really going to improve much. I feel kind of guilty thinking about bailing on her, but my vacation in October could be a good excuse to disappear a bit more subtly.
- I had found out a few weeks ago that one of my jobs was going to be ceasing to exist in the fall, as the program was shutting down. After an initial freak-out, I went into hardcore avoidance mode. Anyway, this week I found out that I will be getting work with the company that’s pretty much taking over the work that my current employer has been doing. It wasn’t a competitive application process; it seems like they’re taking any nurses that want to switch over. Strangely enough, I don’t feel particularly happy or relieved, maybe because I’ve switching from not thinking about it due to avoidance, to now not having to think about it because it’s just not an issue any more.
- I did a night shift Wednesday at my other job to cover for someone who’d called in sick. I didn’t get called until around 7pm, and I was so tired already at that point that should have just said no, but I agreed to take the shift. I can’t nap without meds, but 7pm was just too late to take any meds before an 11pm shift. So I was a total mess. I ended up sleeping almost all day and night Thursday. I realized when I woke up still feeling gross on Friday morning that I had managed to miss 3 days in a row of morning meds, and I was probably going into venlafaxine withdrawal.
- Near where I live there are some flowers that attract a ton of fat, fuzzy bumblebees. It’s mesmerizing – it makes the perfect mindfulness moment.
- My guinea pig boy has been hiding out in his house more lately. He’s getting very old for a guinea pig, and I wonder if he’s not feeling very well. My girls, on the other hand, have been extra adorable this week with their begging for food behaviour. They’re not hungry by any stretch, they’re just sticking their furry little faces out the cage door hoping that by looking cute I’ll decide to give them extra treats.
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay