I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format, along with assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from Carol Anne at Therapy Bits:
- who made you smile lately? I regularly watch the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and that’s always good for a laugh. His jokes about the (alleged) Trump “pee-pee tape” always make me smile.
- what types of videos do you like to watch on youtube? I don’t watch a lot on Youtube – I get overwhelmed by the huge selection and lack of organization. I like watching documentaries on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
- Do you like quotes? I love quotes! There’s some great inspirational ones, but my real favourites are from Seinfeld. These pretzels are making me thirsty!
- Spring or summer and why? It’s pretty rainy here in the early spring, so late spring/early summer is probably my favourite, as it’s sunny and not too hot.
- What were you hoping for when you started your blog? I thought writing would be therapeutic, but I had no idea how much of a community I would find.
- Hot or cold drinks and why? I like my hot tea in the morning, but otherwise mostly cold drinks because they’re more thirst-quenching.
- Bath or shower and why? Bath to relax, shower to get clean.
- If you had a wish any wish what would it be? To be a guinea pig. There’s something very appealing of the simplicity of a life that revolves around sleeping, eating, and pooping.
- Kids or animals? Who are your favourite? My guinea pigs are my kids.
- What are the qualities you like in a friend? Understanding, non-judgmental
- What is the worst thing about your depression? Probably how much it has stolen away from me over the years.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? Depression makes me isolate, but blogging makes me un-isolate. Put those together and you have an almost-functional human being.
- What do you think about my blog – and how would you add to / change it? I think it’s fabulous. And I’m also a fan of the term “chicken” as a term of endearment, although I use it most often to refer to my patients. I suppose my little crack-addicted sex trade worker chicken that I was so fond of at a previous job isn’t quite the same as a child, but everyone deserves a little love!
- What is your favourite chocolate? (you can restrict this to five, I have a top ten that rotate depending on time of day and mood) Such a deceptively simple question. I’m a big fan of the peanut-butter chocolate combination, and I’ve recently discovered the fancy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with Reese’s Pieces chunks in them. When it comes to fancy chocolates, there’s a Canadian company called Purdy’s that does amazing chocolates. Chocolate in various other forms is good, like chocolate brownies (which absolutely must be under-baked so they’re ooey-gooey).
- What is your top tip for coping with anxiety? I like to be snuggled in at home with tea, some aromatherapy, a cozy blanket either on or beside me, and a guinea pig sitting on my chest
- What makes life more bearable for you? My guinea pig chickens. They are cute as can be and it always makes me feel better to tell proud mama stories of their adorable behaviour (but I’ll spare you here). Any time you get excited by talking about a little chicken’s poop you’ve got a good thing going on.
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay