Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Self-care included a massage and a yoga class. Yoga class wasn’t as relaxing as it normally was because the teacher decided to do a lengthy guided meditation. I was feeling strong urges to scream “shut up!” or just walk out, but I held it together and made it through the class.
- I discovered a $450 charge on my credit card statement that wasn’t mine. My bank reversed the charge and cancelled my card. It sounds like they figure my info was obtained from a mass harvesting of credit card data like you hear about when retailers get hacked. This was the first time anything like this had happened to me, and was a good reminder to look carefully at my statements.
- I have had a strained relationship with my parents the last couple of years, and a few times lately I’ve gotten information from/about them via my brother. This week I got an email from my brother passing on a request from our mom that I do something, and this kind of thing just makes me feel even shittier about the relationship.
- I got very frustrated with a friend of mine who I’ve been helping with school. His mindset towards it is very odd, and his grades have been crap as a result. I have been trying for months to explain that if he just changed up his approach he’d be fine, but it just seems like he’s got blinders on. I don’t deal well with frustration, and got kind of snappy with him earlier in the week.
- I’m staying with my Grandma for the next few days. I discovered her dumbass doctor had only ordered 2 weeks of a medication for gastroesophageal reflux (that she should have been put on a long time ago), so I called to make an appointment so I could take her in to get it reordered. The receptionist gave me all kinds of attitude and was super reluctant to book an appointment. If that’s how that clinic operates no wonder Grandma’s getting such shitty care. I’m going to be on the fucking warpath when I take her in for her appointment in a few days. And all the while my mother stands back and does sweet fuck all. Ah, family dynamics.
How has your week been?