Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It’s been a better week than last week, which is good.
- I had kind of let journalling fall by the wayside for a couple of weeks, but I’m glad to be back at it again.
- The heat wave where I am has ended, which is a huge relief. I think I would have a hard time functioning in a climate where it’s hot for extended periods on a regular basis.
- I was really bothered by an incident at work that I wrote about a couple days ago. I learned that the police in that particular city routinely handcuff patients who are being taken to hospital involuntarily under the Mental Health Act. So not okay.
- I’ve made reservations for the hostels I’m going to be staying at when I go to Italy in the fall. I’m not moving around much, and I think it will be manageable no matter how I happen to be feeling then.
- There were a couple of books that I wanted to get started on reading this week, but it didn’t end up happening because I just wasn’t motivated enough.
- The massage therapist I’d been seeing for the last year moved to a clinic in another city, so I started with a different massage therapist this week. She seemed very perky, which I’m not that keen on, but hopefully that was just because it was the first time we met.
- I did a major cleaning blitz. Normally household chores are one of the few areas in my life where I’m a bad procrastinator, but I think I’ve been feeling like I haven’t had much control in my life the last few weeks, and this was one small way to take back some control.
How has your week been?