Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Self care this week included a yoga class and a massage.
- I was struggling again this week, and there was more boozy non-coping than there should have been. However, by the end of the week I’ve been able to get in touch with wise mind a bit more.
- I worked 3 night shifts at one job and just had one client to see for my other job. One of my jobs I only work nights because I can’t tolerate the BS during the day, and every so often I get subtle yet clear indicators from management that they don’t think I’m very competent. I think the same about them, so their opinion really isn’t that important to me, but it would be nice if they could restrict it to inside-the-head voice. I cringed at an email the program director sent to the team yesterday; she wrote “too much compassion is paternalistic”. Wow, I wonder what the Dalai Lama would think of that load of crap.
- The client who had OD’d on fentanyl on my shift several weeks ago managed to do a fatal OD this week. The only emotion that stirred up in me was envy. I suppose that’s a bad thing, but it is what it is.
- The weather has been yucky hot this week and it’s made me feel sluggish and gross.
- I’m reminded how hard interpersonal relationships are. But I took Brene Brown‘s advice and dared to be vulnerable, and ended up having a really good conversation with a friend about some things that have been bugging me lately.
- I called my Grandma to let her know I’ll be coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. She’s struggling with her health, and I’m so annoyed that my mom isn’t doing anything to support her.
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay