I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format, along with assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from Michele at The Hippy Chick
- Would you consider your family functional or dysfunctional? My family is for the most part pretty functional. For the last couple years I haven’t functioned well as part of that family, but that’s more how the illness has affected me rather than things that they’ve done wrong.
- What are your core values? Open-mindedness, curiosity, kindness, and empathy.
- Would you consider yourself addicted to anything? No, luckily my brain doesn’t seem to be susceptible that way. I’ve never even had mild withdrawal coming off meds or going without caffeine.
- Most embarrassing moment? Probably ding the walk of shame in Turkey. Yes, Turkey the country.
- Do pigs, indeed, fly? The closest I’ve seen is one of my guinea pigs who likes being bounced up in the air. If I could rig up some sort of strap-on wing system the bouncy guinea pig might like it but the rest are very happily earth-bound.
Questions from Tropical Storm Alaska:
- What cartoon character would you like to have as a best friend? She-Ra princess of power!
- What is your preferred journal style? (ex: bullet, planner, lists, etc.) Bullet journal because it includes a little bit of everything. I’m not sure if what I’ve got going even really qualifies as a bullet journal, but thinking outside the box, right?
- What does your dream home look like? Where is it located? I think where I live right now is pretty dreamy. I’m on the west coast of Canada, which is great, and I’ve been living in my condo for 13 years so it’s very comfortable and familiar.
- Where is your “safe place”? My dreamy home, specifically in my bedroom.
- What is your favorite way to express yourself? Writing!
- What was your favorite thing to do as a child? Play with My Little Ponies.
- Did you have an imaginary friend? I suppose the My Little Ponies would probably count. I had a whole little Pony world cooked up in my head. In fact, maybe what I need now as a substitute for human interaction is to revive Pony world. Hmm….
Questions from Pretty Words for Ugly Thoughts:
- What is your spirit animal? I think I would say the dolphin. They’re intelligent and they have so much freedom. My first tattoo was of a dolphin. And as a dolphin you can pee in the water because that’s just expected of you, which is pretty darn cool.
- If you had to choose, would keep your vision and go deaf, or keep your hearing and go blind? I don’t really like people all that much so I could live with not hearing them. Vision is something I’d like to hang on to, especially since it makes it easier to get around independently.
- What’s your favorite book and why? Probably Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I’ve read it a million times (ok, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration) and it’s still just as good each time. Elizabeth Bennet is so feisty, and I like that in a main character.
- What’s your favorite flower and why? I’m kind of partial to African violets. Someone gave my parents an African violet when i was born and it’s still living 39 years later, which I think is pretty cool.
- What’s the most interesting/creative dream you’ve ever had? I seldom remember my dreams for very long, so I’m not sure. But hopefully it involved Brad Pitt from the Legends of the Fall days.
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay