I have been keep a daily gratitude log in my bullet journal, and so far I’ve only missed one day this year (because I was working nights and confused about what day it was). I try to come up with something new each day, although I’m not always feeling creative enough for that, and some things I’m so grateful for that a single mention just isn’t enough. Here are some of the things I’m grateful for that have made it into my journal so far:
- the sun
- the blue of the ocean
- my amazing Grandma
- lots of guinea pig behaviours: the way they beg for food, the noises they make, their funny sleeping positions, the games they play with each other, and of course their cuddliness
- going for massages regularly
- treats from Starbucks
- my comfy cozy home
- blogging and the WordPress community
- that I have a doctor I feel comfortable with
- nights that I get lots of sleep
- for the natural beauty I see right outside my window, including the birds nesting on my balcony in the spring
- my friend who supports me even when I’m upset
- a somewhat odd assortment of food, including pancakes, chocolate pudding, apple pie, baguette with brie cheese, and Raisin Bran
- cozy socks and slippers to keep my feet warm
- occasions when I’ve been able to help others
What are some of the things you’re grateful for?
A bullet journal is a great place for your gratitude practice.
The Mental Health @ Home Store has a FREE how-to guide on creating a bullet journal to support your mental health. My approach isn’t about artistry; the key is functionality.