The world is pretty darn expensive these days, especially when income is limited related to our mental illnesses. But there are some pretty cool things that can be done for free, and here’s a few that I’ve come up with:
- You may wonder why I’ve chosen a shaggy yak picture to go along with this post – well, it’s because the internet allows you to find free photos of anything you could possibly want (and I mean who wouldn’t want a shaggy yak)
- Speaking of the wonders of the internet, it allows you to learn about just about anything at no cost
- Snuggling with animals
- Reading (the local library is my go-to for books, and I love that my library has ebooks that can be checked out)
- Watching nature
- Thinking about the mysteries of the universe
- Listening to things like raindrops falling, the wind blowing through the trees
- Walks in the sunshine
- Singing along to your favourite songs
- Love (cue J.Lo song My Love Don’t Cost a Thing, but don’t cue the video because I find it annoying)
What are your favourite free things to do?
Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store to find my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, a mini-ebook collection focused on therapy, and plenty of free downloadable resources.