I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format, along with assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from Rory at A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip:
- What was the weirdest conversation you have overheard? Hmm, a specific example isn’t coming to mind, but I’ve had a lot of very psychotic patients who’ve had some pretty bizarre conversations with their voices.
- If you could be any age [not your current] for a full 7 days, what age would it be and for goodness sake why? I think 4 is a good age. Old enough to be aware, but young enough that life is simple and you can just watch Mr. Dressup, Care Bears, and She-Ra Princess of Power all day.
- Do you believe in the paranormal, if so why and if not why, and if sitting on the fence – yep you guessed it … why? Well, I don’t really believe in normal, so pretty much any altered version of normal is A-ok.
- If you had a brainwashing machine who would you use it on specifically and why? Myself to make me believe I’m She-Ra!
- What is the strangest, oddest, wierdest or just down right stupidest thing you have ever eaten? I’m not sure if this is the strangest thing, but a strange eating experience was eating snail soup for breakfast squatting on a sidewalk in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- What is your most favourite of all time joke? I’ve just wasted a substantial portion of my life browsing around on Google to come up with an answer to this, and I think it’s time to call this one a fail and move on.
- What food would be the best to make a house out of – discuss and explain your logic? Overcooked turkey legs – do you realize how tough those babies are? That house could withstand anything.
- Which of my 12 nominees is willing to take part in the Mystery Challenge question of this nomination and which of the 12 is willing to answer the Mystery Challenge Question? My guinea pig Casper is always up for some play. She’ll chase you around in circles smelling your bum until you give her the answer.
- If you could have a choice of window types and styles in front of your toilet, what would you pick? [You know, where you could sit and watch sort of thing] Well, not too long ago Rory wanted answers to questions on the back of a 2-way mirror, and I was puzzled by a 2-way and a 1-way mirror being the same thing… Anyway, so I’d pick one of those babies, as long as it was a 2-way mirror/window in name only and really functioned as a 1-way. Is that wordy enough for you?
- You have just bumped into an alien from the planet Jupiter and you say what? It would depend on the alien’s level of attractiveness, but perhaps something along the lines of “hey baby, you’re outta this world” (accompanied by a little lean forward to show off some cleavage). Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures…
- Of all your behaviours/traits – which one has landed you into the most hot water or trouble? Not being able to keep my mouth shut when I think something is being done in a way that is unfair/wrong/illogical/etc.
Questions from Life is too short just lick the spoon:
- If you could sell years from your life with ten thousand dollars each, you many years would you sell and why? I would sell the last 15 or so years, and then I’d be in my early 20’s with some money in the bank, which I think would work out very nicely.
- If you have all the money from the world, how would a perfect day look for you? Sitting on the terrace at a chateau in Provence eating very expensive cheese and sipping very expensive wine
- What is your biggest flaw? I could dwell on this for the same epic amount of time spent on question #6 from Rory, but instead I’ll throw in the towel and move on tout de suite (or toot-sweet for the non-French-spelling-inclined).
- What is your happiest memory? Something simple from childhood – maybe doing cartwheels back in the day when cartwheels were easy rather than requiring the assistance of a crane.
- If you could go back in time and change one thing about your past, what would you change and why? I plead the fifth.
- If you would try to describe yourself with only a sentence, what would that be? Geeky crazy guinea pig lady.
- How many friends do you think you have and why do you consider those people to be friends? I only have one in-person friend these days, which is an improvement from zero so probably worth hanging onto.
- What is the most unique thing about you? I’ll have to go with the same as #6, geeky crazy guinea pig lady.
- In your opinion, which being on this Earth is the most interesting and why? The yak. Because it will keep me company on long winter nights in the yurt in Kyrgyzstan.
- Imagine you have the power to create anything, what is the first thing you would create and why? Aerosolized empathy spray-bombed all over the world. The second would be aerosolized intelligence.
- Imagine you could erase anything in this world, what would you erase and why? Ignorance, because I think it’s at the root of a lot of the world’s problems.
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay