Weekend wrap-up

wrapping paper, ribbon, and twine

Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:

• I worked five night shifts, but I stuck firm to my sleep schedule so it’s been ok.
  • There have been indicators that make me suspect that for one of my jobs the particular program I’m working in is going to get shut down, which would mean bye-bye job.  I’m just trying not to think about it.
  • I’ve done very little writing this week.  I just haven’t really been focused enough for it, plus working full-time hours gets in the way of both reading and writing.
  • I finally started looking at the Italy guidebook I bought several weeks ago.  It takes me one step closer to actually making a decision to do a trip in the fall.
  • I’m not usually prone to migraines, but I had a nasty one on Thursday that involved pulling over to throw up on the side of the road.
  • My guinea pig Oreo is quite the resilient munchkin.  She wasn’t feeling well at the beginning of the week and I was quite worried about her, but now she’s back to her happy self.  I wish I could bounce back that easily!
  • It seems to be getting easier to make small talk when it’s expected.  I guess appearing to be more polite is probably a good thing.
  • I’ve let meditation fall by the wayside.  When I think about it I sort of feel like I should try to pick it up again, but at the same time I’m having a hard time caring enough.  I have been trying to be more mindful of the sounds of nature.  Last night it rained quite hard and the sound of it was so soothing.
  • I didn’t make it to yoga this week, but I had a massage and got out for a walk most days.
  • Some goings-on on my balcony: From my 2nd round of attempting to plant a  balcony garden, I’ve got a little itty bitty basil sprout, which counts as success in my books.  And the woodpeckers that were hanging out on my balcony in the spring had disappeared for a few months but are back now

How has your week been?

Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay

Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store for premium mental health resources, guided journals, how-to guides, and my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple.

28 thoughts on “Weekend wrap-up

1. s.e. taylor says:

I’m glad Oreo is ok! Oh my, migraines are awful. 🙁 Good luck with the garden. The only thing I have is a tomato plant, but I’m looking forward to having fresh yellow tomatoes

2. Alexis Rose says:

Good to hear about Oreo! I spent the week remote camping in the boundary waters canoe area on the border of Minnesota and Canada. It was wonderful to be there and then Really wonderful to come home and shower. 😃

3. Revenge of Eve says:

Migraines suck, bad. Wouldn’t it be nice if we were as resilient as animals? Even kids are more resilient than a lot of adults I know, myself included.
    My week has been all over the map. Alright, irritated, somewhat motivated yet lazy, I’ve caught up on some sleep …. I don’t feel as though I’ve accomplished anything. My focus is broken too. Hopefully this week I will be more productive.
    I’m excited for y’all to pick the winner. 🙄🙂

Great!! You’ve had a very productive week!! Yay!! I’m happy for little Oreo.

Sorry you had a migraine!! 🙁

My week has just been weird. I’ve tried to lose weight, and I gained five pounds. Oh well!! Must try harder!!

She already had that name when I adopted her. She’s dark brown with a white streak, so it’s a good fit. Her sister’s name is Cookie – she’s the same colour minus the white streak. Hope you have a great week too!

5. utahan15 says:

you are who you are
    this is forever
    so the thing is
    most things
    some things
    will end
    find the opportunity
    to take pleasure
    in a new silver lining open door
    good luck
    as ever!

6. fabric that made me says:

I too am “trying” to get a balcony type garden growing..it’s not totally dead so that’s good! I have some strawberries which have not given us any strawberries yet. I have basil and parsley and our dill and whatever else has mostly died…but still not bad for my first time. Still it’s pretty to look at since I’m stuck in bed for awhile…surgery coming up. July 11!

7. Nat says:

I have had a similar migraine experience. I was at a shopping outlet for the day and my brother drove everyone including me back into the city. My migraine got progressively worse throughout the whole ride in addition to getting motion sickness. My brother stopped the car to pop into a bank. I was sick to my stomach and going by my gut, I stepped out of the car into the sidewalk. I ended up puking up my entire Chipotle lunch I had earlier. Ugh, what an experience. 😐

• Nat says:

Indeed they are! I have never thrown up in public like that in full view of people walking by. I’m grateful I didn’t vomit all over inside of the car…