Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I worked five night shifts, but I stuck firm to my sleep schedule so it’s been ok.
- There have been indicators that make me suspect that for one of my jobs the particular program I’m working in is going to get shut down, which would mean bye-bye job. I’m just trying not to think about it.
- I’ve done very little writing this week. I just haven’t really been focused enough for it, plus working full-time hours gets in the way of both reading and writing.
- I finally started looking at the Italy guidebook I bought several weeks ago. It takes me one step closer to actually making a decision to do a trip in the fall.
- I’m not usually prone to migraines, but I had a nasty one on Thursday that involved pulling over to throw up on the side of the road.
- My guinea pig Oreo is quite the resilient munchkin. She wasn’t feeling well at the beginning of the week and I was quite worried about her, but now she’s back to her happy self. I wish I could bounce back that easily!
- It seems to be getting easier to make small talk when it’s expected. I guess appearing to be more polite is probably a good thing.
- I’ve let meditation fall by the wayside. When I think about it I sort of feel like I should try to pick it up again, but at the same time I’m having a hard time caring enough. I have been trying to be more mindful of the sounds of nature. Last night it rained quite hard and the sound of it was so soothing.
- I didn’t make it to yoga this week, but I had a massage and got out for a walk most days.
- Some goings-on on my balcony: From my 2nd round of attempting to plant a balcony garden, I’ve got a little itty bitty basil sprout, which counts as success in my books. And the woodpeckers that were hanging out on my balcony in the spring had disappeared for a few months but are back now
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay