I absolutely love blogging, and I love the blogging community. But sometimes a little bit of complaining feels good, so here are some of the things that sometimes get on my nerves.
- Comment “like” spam (consisting of a website address typically containing the word sexy): these likes are extra annoying because, unlike comments, you can’t delete them
- Legit comments that end up in spam
- People who leave a comment saying I’ve followed you, please follow me back, along with a link to their blog. But their blog has nothing even remotely to do with the topic you blog about.
- Things that make it hard to read a post, whether that be a wild font colour or über-long paragraphs. Sometimes I end up giving up on trying to read a post because it’s just too difficult.
- You come across a cool blog, and you want to follow it… but you can’t for the life of you find a follow button!
- Weird messages via the blog contact form: I like getting messages from other bloggers, but sometimes I’ll get messages from random other people that just leave me scratching my head.
- Say you see a notification in WordPress that someone has followed you. You want to check out their blog, so you click their site address in your notifications. Then you get a message from WordPress saying the site doesn’t exist. What the hell?
- The occasional waves of blogging insecurity: It seems like for a lot of us these come along every so often, and I wish I could build a nice little mental barrier reef around my blog to keep them away.
- Writer’s block: I have a blogging spreadsheet that includes my idea farm, so the ideas are there, but sometimes the brain is just not interested in thinking about what to do with them.
- I have a small social media presence related to my blog. Since it’s all blog-related I avoid some of the common pitfalls of social media, but because I’m not on there much there’s a lot of things I don’t understand, and it makes me feel old. From made-up words I’ve never heard of to hashtags I don’t understand (I just discovered what #ff on Twitter is, which explains why occasionally I would get a large pile of notifications), it’s a regular reminder that I grew up in the days when The Oregon Trail and Super NES were cutting edge, and now I’m puzzled by the young whippersnappers these days.
Are there things that go along with the blogging experience that bug you sometimes?
Image credit: manfredrichter on Pixabay