One of the depression symptoms that’s had a big impact on my life is anhedonia (the inability to experience pleasure). I used to enjoy doing various things, but now they just don’t interest me and seem like just a vague memory. Summer is a time of year that tends to be strongly associated with pleasure, but it also tends to remind me of what’s just not there in my head/heart right now.
Some of the things I used to enjoy:
- Going to the theatre, especially musical theatre and outdoor theatre like the local Shakespeare on the beach productions.
- The local Fringe Festival.
- Dance performances like ballet
- Going to the symphony
- Going out for food/drinks on sunny patios
- Eating out in general
- Wine festivals
- Writers festivals
- Weekend getaways
- Playing beer league softball
- Being part of a book club
- Wandering around shopping and eating at the funky public market
Do you ever find it difficult to enjoy things that were once fun?
This post contains affiliate links that let you support MH@H at no extra cost to you.