I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format, along with assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from Have You Ever Noticed?
- What is one dish you like to cook? In the summer I like to bbq burgers, and in cool weather I like things that hang out in the oven for a while making yummy smells, like chili.
- How would you describe your favorite pair of shoes? I’m a big fan of ballet flats. Comfort is a good thing.
- What is the best thing that you did last week? Cuddle with the guinea pigs.
- If you could have lunch with one author (living or dead) who would it be and why? Either Lucy Maud Montgomery or Laura Ingalls Wilder, because both played a significant role in my childhood.
- What kind of snack do your like to add to your ice cream? Reese’s peanut butter cups, preferable in the form of a Reese’s Blizzard from Dairy Queen.
- If you could return to any decade, and visit a movie set, which would you like to see and why? Oh Dirty Dancing, definitely, and I’d want to join in and do a little bumpin’ and grindin’. Preferably with Patrick Swayze, but beggars can’t be choosers, right?
- What is a song that makes you smile? I Like Big Butts, because really, who doesn’t?
- What advice would you give to your younger self? Embrace new things.
- What is one food you just can’t eat? I think olives are gross and smell like manure.
- If you can earn a gold medal in any sport, what would it be and why? Is there a guinea pig version of equestrian sports?
- What is something you wish you could add to your blog and why? Videos of my guinea pigs being their cute little selves, but I’m too cheap to pay for the monthly WordPress plan to post videos. Yeah, I could put them on Youtube and embed the Youtube videos on my blog, but besides being cheap I’m also lazy.
Questions from Jenn at Reclaiming My Sanity:
- How did you start your blog? I was quite depressed, and I was bored because I wasn’t working and wasn’t socializing. It started off as mostly something to do with my time but quickly grew into something that was really important to me.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers? Take advantage of the amazing mental health blogging community and interact with other bloggers.
Questions from Ida at Around the Ward in 80 Days:
- What has blogging brought into your life? The biggest thing is that it’s brought human contact. I just haven’t been able to maintain my in-person friendships, so having this online community has been really valuable.
- Is there something you’d like to change about your blog? I guess this is less about the blog and more about WordPress, but I’d get rid of the stats, because they can get distracting in a not-so-good way sometimes.
- If you write about mental health, how do you feel about sharing such an intimate part of yourself? It’s interesting, on my blog is where I’m most comfortable sharing that part of myself. I don’t trust people in my “real life” enough to share this much.
- What would be your dream collaboration? This would be more antagonism than collaboration, but I would like to interview L. Ron Hubbard about his anti-psychiatry views.
- One thing you’d do
whenif you’d rule the world? Throw all the mean and nasty people on an island to torment each other and leave the rest of us alone.
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay