Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I worked 4 night shifts this week and only had one client for my other job, and it all went smoothly. I wonder, though, about people who leave a mess for their coworkers to clean up. Did they grow up in a barn or do they just not give a shit?
- Someone did something that upset me, but I was able to make a conscious choice to keep my reaction contained (as opposed to a shove it under the rug and ignore it choice). That felt like progress. Of course I later ended up ruminating about it for a few days, so there’s definitely still work to be done.
- I’ve been craving sugar, and giving in to those cravings more than I probably should. Ever since I had a big dip in my mood a few weeks ago I just haven’t cared enough to try to throw healthy food into my body. I just want gummy bears.
- I was reading through my WordPress reader and came across an article about the same topic I’d written a couple of weeks ago. I started reading, and realized that most of the words were mine. Entire paragraphs of words were mine, verbatim. Now I’m totally cool with people reblogging my work or using an idea of mine to create their own post, but this was full on plagiarism. And when I called the person out on it, they denied it. The whole thing left a rather yucky taste, particularly because not only were they passing off my words as their own but also my thoughts, feelings, and experiences.
- Went to yoga once and out for a few walks.
- My weekend wrap-up posts come from my weekly summaries in my bullet journal. I had been including sections for goals and self-care, but I haven’t been keeping that up over the last few weeks. It’s time for that to change, and today I wrote out my goals for next week.
That’s about it; it’s been a pretty quiet week for me. How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay