It’s G2K (Get 2 Know) day over at Revenge of Eve, a series of questions intended to bring the reader closer to their favorite bloggers. This week’s questions:
- How would you say others perceive you? Confident or insecure? I think generally people perceive me as fairly confident.
- Are you confident or insecure? I don’t know that I have an easy answer to this. I’m confident in myself and my abilities when I’m well, but when I’m depressed I felt insecure about my limitations compared to when I’m well.
- If your answers to 1 & 2 are opposite, define your behaviors that make this so. I tend to avoid the types of situations in which I would feel most insecure, so people don’t necessarily see that side of me often.
- Who do you attribute your confidence or low self-esteem to? The insecurity comes from my illness, and the confidence probably comes from my parents.
- Write them a note in 20 words or less expressing your gratitude or feelings of injustice. Mom and Dad, thank you for always believing in me.
Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store to find my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, a mini-ebook collection focused on therapy, and plenty of free downloadable resources.