It’s G2K – Get 2 Know day over at Revenge of Eve. I found this weeks questions very thought-provoking, and I had to chew them over in my head for a while before I came up with answers. This week’s questions:
- In what areas of your do you find it hard, to be honest with yourself? I sometimes allow myself to wallow in unhealthy thinking patterns and pretend that it’s just a temporary dip rather than getting sucked into mental quicksand.
- Have you put in an effort to change this or do you ignore it in hopes it disappears? I guess I hope that I’ll learn from the past and grow out of it, but I don’t think it really works that way.
- How does this affect other areas of your life? I can get so focused on whatever (or more often whoever) it is that I lose perspective on the bigger picture.
- Can you define the underline fear in regards to this? If so, explain. I’m not sure if it’s fear; I think it stems more from my tendency to rehearse interactions in my mind ahead of time, and then that ends up spiralling out of control.
- Do you find that you are more of an honest or dishonest person around others? I used to be mostly. Now I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m dishonest, but I’m quite guarded (except on my blog).
Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store to find my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, a mini-ebook collection focused on therapy, and plenty of free downloadable resources.