I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format, along with assorted other question tags and the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip’s Quick Fire Round #6:
- If you swallowed a complete ice cube, how long before it leaves the body as an ice cube again? Until hell freezes over.
- We are told that we cannot look at the sun directly, but is it therefore safe to look at an image of the sun with our naked eyes, 3 minutes after it is taken? Eyes shouldn’t be naked – that’s just obscene.
- If money doesn’t grow on trees, then why do banks have branches??? The money is stored in the hollow area the woodpecker has pecked out of the tree.
- Mm, a real ponderer here, but if quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? Well if we’re going to get grammatical, quizzical is an adjective, so my answer is testicular.
- Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he comes out of the shower when he doesn’t usually wear any pants? Because he’s contemplating adding skirts to his wardrobe, and a towel works as a kind of trial run.
- Why does it hurt like hell to hit your funny bone? Because it’s only funny for the person who’s watching you do the dance of pain.
- Why does does Goofy stand erect when Pluto is on all fours, are they not both dogs? Standing erect should be reserved for X-rated viewing.
- Remember Gilligans’ Island? So how is it the professor could make a radio out of a coconut but not fix the hole in the Minnow??? It would take MacGyver to fix the Minnow. The professor just isn’t quite at his level.
- Why??? Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is this so long considering what it means? I know, right!!!!!
- What colour is your toothbrush? White and blue and I got it free from my dentist. It’s against my religion to pay for toothbrushes.
- What was your favourite toy growing up? Hard to say, but I quite liked my Popple, plus I just enjoy the sound of Popple.
- Three of your favourite movies? Dirty Dancing, Top Gun, and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Yep, that’s an 80’s theme you’re sensing.
- If you could live somewhere else, where would you choose and why? Kyrgyzstan in a yurt, and if you need to ask why, then there’s just no hope for you.
- Everyone has a food they simply cannot eat for whatever reason, which is yours? Olives.
- Why? Because I think they smell like manure.
- If your life was to be made into a movie what genre would it slot into? Is tedious a genre?
Answers please on the reverse side of the reverse side of the two way mirror! I had to Google this, and it turns out a two way mirror is the same thing as a one way mirror. Now please tell me how on earth that’s supposed to make any sense! I feel like somewhere there’s an imaginary number involved…
Questions from Carol Anne at Therapy Bits:
1 what is the longest you’ve gone without sleep? I’m not sure actually.
2 do you like ice cream? Yup. Ben & Jerry’s peanut butter half baked please!
3 what is your favourite type of food? Unhealthy!
4 are you a fast reader? Pretty fast, I guess. The problem these days is I can’t concentrate well enough to read much in one sitting.
5 what is your favourite kinda weather? Sunny and low 20s Celsius.
6 do you have netflix? My whole family uses my brother’s account.
7 are you glad to have the internet or could you do without it? Without the internet I’d be even more of a hermit than I am now. Blogging and Google are necessities, but social media I could do without.
8 do you own an amazon echo? No. Aside from my laptop and iPhone I’m fairly low-tech. And I’m a bit suspicious of having a device in my home that’s listening to me. I’ve got my iPhone set up so that I actually have to press a button to activate Siri, and I’ve got a sticker over the camera on my laptop. Next up, tinfoil hat…
9 where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? The guinea pigs knocked over my crystal ball and it broke, so I have no idea.
10 do you have a best friend? I only have one in-person friend, so by process of elimination…
11 what is your favourite personality trait in your friends? Genuineness.
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay