Amidst the hard stuff, there are still positive things floating around to enjoy. Here are some of the things that make me smile:
- my pet guinea pigs, their silly play, and the cute ways they beg for food
- comedy: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Russell Peters, Chelsea Handler
- no other tv show has ever made me laugh as much as Seinfeld
- the woodpecker family that took up residence on my balcony in the early part of the spring
- cats that try to climb in my purse
- doggy kisses
- going for walks in the snow
- spring coming into bloom
- funny stories from bloggers
- cute animal videos on Youtube
- getting positive feedback from my patients
- babies – I’ve never had a strong desire to have my own munchkins, but I’m that crazy person in line at the grocery store behind you making silly faces at your little one
What are some of the things that make you smile?
Visit the Mental Health @ Home Store to find my books Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, a mini-ebook collection focused on therapy, and plenty of free downloadable resources.