Was karma run over by a bus?

lady justice peeking out from blindfold

I used to have a bad habit of Google stalking people and then feeling shitty about myself as a result.  I’ve managed to put a lid on it, though…. at least mostly.  And then I did a post about workplace bullying.  Since I was feeling somewhat shitty about myself anyway, I decided to give in to the urge and do a quick Google search for the former manager who caused significant, enduring harm in my life.  And lo and behold, the slimy fucker has been promoted from a manager to a director.  And then there’s me and my mess of a life.

You know it’s funny, right around the time shit was really starting to get ugly at my old job, I went on a trip to India.  I was in Varanasi watching cremations beside the river (it sounds morbid, but Varanasi is a holy city on the Ganges and this is an important ritual).  Some hustler started talking at me about the cremation process, despite the fact that I was doing my best to ignore him.  Anyway, by the time he asked for money, supposedly for a charity, I’d actually learned a fair bit so I decided what the heck, gave him some money.  And he said “can’t you give more?”, to which I responded “if you’re not happy with that then I’m not giving you any money at all”, and I took the money back.  Then he starts ranting at me about how I’m a bad person and will have bad karma, etc., etc.

So, either that obnoxious little dude in Varanasi cursed me, or lady karma got run over by a bus on her way to check out my former manager.  Either way, it seems like I’m shit outta luck.

Image credit: OpenClipart-Vectors on Pixabay

26 thoughts on “Was karma run over by a bus?

1. Invisibly Me says:

Eugh, what an asshole (the guy asking for more money). That’s the height of ungratefulness but more than that he’s incredibly manipulative, playing on the hopes that you’re easily swayed and made to feel guilty. Good for you in saying you wouldn’t give any at all if he wasn’t happy with it. Screw him and his bad juju. As for the former manager, this is something I’ve experienced time and time again, even since school. The fuckers who are cruel or generally not nice folk get lucky, they know the right people, they seem to move up and, in some instances, are happy (partly because they put themselves first at every opportunity). I’d like to think I’m a more decent human being so even though I’m not where I want to be and I may not necessarily be happy, at least I don’t have a guilty conscious nor will I be bit in the ass if karma is real further down the line. Just remember that, because this dude may have been promoted but he may not be happy and his dickheadedness will likely catch up with him before long. Argh I could go on a rant (a longer one…) about this topic!! 🙂
    Caz x

Liked by 2 people

Is there any way you can, like, report that asshole manager to his/her current supervisors? I hate to see someone get away with that kind of crap, ya know?

I was talking to my dad about this yesterday–about all the bad employers I’ve had, and that sort of thing–and he said the workplace is just a bad place to be. (He’s an employment lawyer who represents people who’ve been discriminated against, fired for a bad reason, libeled or slandered, or harassed.)

I’m sorry this asshole is doing great in the workplace with the promotions and such. I don’t know how much this is worth, but I foresee karma hitting him/her HARD at some future point.

Liked by 2 people

3. Raina says:

See now…all You badass gals need to come to India and help me kick some worseass asses.

I feel it might help if we do a temporary swap of mentally sick women from one country to another. Ìt will certainly stop global warming I promise. For Example…the Indian and Chinese women when brought into USA grow balls….and the women from England came to India to give a taste of Karma. It’s a brilliant idea to create awareness and empathy!
    Hey…i can Wish anything…right?

Hugs to all of you little Angels.

4. Liz says:

I would have done the same too; took money back of him, for being ungrateful.

As for reading about the manager becoming director that bullied you, it makes you sick and angry doesn’t it, knowing they got even higher behaving like that and wondering when their carma will happen, but at the same time, it can also make you feel stronger if you let the anger go. This is something I have been learning recently and other things from a book I am currently reading. I will share in a blog post later at some point when I have read it, as a book review.

• Liz says:

The book I am reading at the moment is called The Art of Happiness – ‘A handbook for the living,’ by HH Dalai Lama and Howard C. Cutler. It’s not a book I normally read, but I have enjoyed every page of this book, that I have read so far. I have about the last quarter of this book, left to read. 🙂

5. INFP BPD says:

It seems like assholes know how to climb the ladder quickest. Most of my former managers were bad people. After I left, I use to wonder how they could still be employed. I slowly stopped focusing on them and asked myself what I could do to make myself happy and be what they weren’t — filled with positive energy.