I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any of all of the questions 🙂
Questions from Michele at The Hippy Chic:
- Whom do you have in your day to day life that inspires you? My grandma is 101 years old and hasn’t lost her sense of humor and cheery outlook on life.
- What crises has God pulled you through recently? Well, I’m an atheist and God hasn’t made a guest appearance in my life up until this point, so I’m chugging along on my own.
- List 5 healthy coping strategies you have incorporated into your life that have replaced any bad habits or addictions? Luckily I have never had to battle addictions. For bad habits, I don’t know that I’ve found replacements; it’s more that I’ve just redirected my energy in other directions in general.
- What is your all time favorite band? I’ve generally not been all the attached to specific band, so I’m going to go back to my childhood and say New Kids On The Block. I was a Jordan Knight kind of girl, by the way.
- Are you happy? Nope.
- What is your favorite movie and why? Dirty Dancing. I loved the dancing, and I wanted to be Baby and bump n grind with Patrick Swayze.
- If you could dine with your hero, who would that be? I’m going to back to childhood again for a different hero, and say Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I had a crush on him at the time, despite the fact that he wasn’t human, but that’s just a minor detail, right?
- How do you give back or pay it forward? I’m not sure. Maybe I just try to avoid back or forward.
- In what way does music impact your life? I always listen to music when I’m driving, and it almost feels like it seals out the world.
- What gets you excited, or willing to rise every morning? My guinea pigs expect to be fed. If they hear me flopping around in bed they assume I’m awake and start squeaking away to get my attention.
- Do you consider yourself worthy of love and admiration? Hmm, good question. At the core, yes, but I’ve got all these walls up that people would have to get through first.
Questions from Rory at A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip:
Now these questions are supposed to be answered on the back of a dirty used sock, but I figure a stinky toe sticking out is close enough! And on a side note, I think toenails are extremely ugly and are best hidden under nail polish.
1.. WhAt is the WEirDeSt thing about you?
I’m sure there are lots of things, but the thing that even my Grandma makes fun of me for is getting up around 3am every day just because.
2. If you had a choice to be haunted by a ghost, who would you pick and why?
I’m going to play it old school and pick Jacob Marley. All those chains clanking around adds a certain je ne sais quoi.
3. Which cartoon character do you resemble the most??
I’m going to say She-Ra Princess of Power, just in case saying it might actually make it true.
4. Is there anything orange within 10 feet of you right now? WHAT???
There is an orange member of the pen family I use to spice up my journal. A little further afield there’s some orange on my bookshelf but that’s about it.
5-8. John Belushi in Animal House 1978 is a classic, however if you haven’t seen it, nor care for it, well it isn’t! However the question IS have you ever been involved in a Food Fight?? Fess up, how, when , why?
Never seen Animal House, and don’t think I’ve ever been in a food fight. Perhaps the closest I came was when I was 19ish and had a McDonald’s cheeseburger eating contest with a friend. I conceded defeat at 6 because it felt like I’d consumed toxic amounts of salt, and she kicked my ass.
9. Have you figured it out yet and if so what is the point? That’s the question, not 2 B or not 2 B but the point?
I haven’t figured out much of anything, but perhaps if I guessed B2-B5 I might sink a battleship. I also have absolutely no idea what the point is, so I’ll turn to the guinea pigs, whose emphatic answer would be vegetables.
10] Which was better, above or below and why? And if Neither, show us yours!
Cars, because it’s quirky. But here’s the question, is he having sex in his car, and if so, what is the geometric layout?
11] What is the opposite to being scared of heights?
Being ensconced in a cozy cave with a guinea pig and a cup of tea.
That’s it for this week’s edition of 20(ish) questions. Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!